(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Idle issue

Got a problem with your stock CRX? This is where you should start.

Moderator: Moderators

Idle issue

Postby jdmspectuning » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:12 pm

I have a 1991 Honda CRX HF (D15B6) with some idle issue. I recently replaced the old motor with a rebuilt D15B6 oem motor. However, after I resemble everything back and took it out for a test drive. I noticed that the idle was acting a bit strange. Initially, the idle would be normal. But the rpm would spontaneously drop from 1000 to 500 and then back to normal idle. It would occasionally do this but sometimes it would get to the point where the engine dies. But its not a consistent bouncy idle issue similar to a TPS. The RPM would spontaneously drop to a lower RPM as if it was going to die. Additionally, the CEL would kick on when the RPM drops but it goes away. I checked the ECU and I did not see any flashing lights either.

I did check the TPS sensor and I am getting 0.5 volts while being closed, but for some reason I cant get it to go up to 5 Volts with WOT. I suspect that it may be due to the TPS. And I have tried 3 other TPS sensor and I am getting the exact same readings. For some reason, I cant get it to surpass 2.6 volts with a multimeter. Is it me or am I doing something wrong here.

Not entirely sure if its the TPS that is causing the idle issue. I suspect that it may be due to a bad ground. I checked for a vacuum leak but that was not the caused. I did not clean or check the IACV yet. Your reply would be greatly appreciated. I am totally out of ideas on where to check.
jdmspectuning

Re: Idle issue

Postby kracksmith » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:59 pm

nice you found another D15B6 engine to replace.

Can you explain the idling in more details? I have a stock HF too and did have a idle issue too but not sure if it's the same time of idling issue you have.
kracksmith

Return to Stock Garage