(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

One rear wheel sticks out further than other

Got a problem with your stock CRX? This is where you should start.

Moderator: Moderators

One rear wheel sticks out further than other

Postby sleepyvillain » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:51 am

Hello,

First time poster/thread, this community has been extremely helpful so far, and I always was able to figure out the issue I been having through searching and reading other peoples threads. Although, I ran into something I can't figure out on my own, car has never been in a collision as far as I know, LCA's don't look bent, and no welding work visible on the rear subframe, possible rear trailing arm different on one side?

So the issue I'm having after getting my car aligned is that one one rear wheel sticks out way further than the other, I need some guidance on how to move forward and get this issue sorted out. Camber, toe, is exactly the same on both sides. Do I need to go on a frame jigg to actually figure out what's causing this, or has anyone remedied this issue at home?

Pictures of the cursed one

Thanks.
sleepyvillain

Re: One rear wheel sticks out further than other

Postby jfrolang » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:41 pm

It is possible that the trailing arms are different. The 90-93 Integra rear trailing arms are commonly used for rear disc brake conversions, but they differ in the rear track width by about this amount.
jfrolang
Site Admin

Postby sleepyvillain » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:58 pm

jfrolang wrote:It is possible that the trailing arms are different. The 90-93 Integra rear trailing arms are commonly used for rear disc brake conversions, but they differ in the rear track width by about this amount.

That would be the best case scenario. Probably got swapped out from a fender bender I don't know about since mine's an si. Are there any visible markings or measurements that I can take with the TA on the car to test this hypothesis?
sleepyvillain

Postby kracksmith » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:34 pm

My 94-01 trailing arm does that exact same to my crx and i hate it. Now to get it even i have to stagger my offset rim purchase but then i cant rotate.
kracksmith

Postby raffaelli » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:30 pm

Perhaps you have more negative camber on the drivers side than on the passenger side. It looks like the bottom of the tires are the same dimension, just the top is off. If that is the case, check camber. Take the upper arms off and measure them. If they are the same, maybe the top of one of the control arms are bent or the uni-body is shifted.
raffaelli

Postby sleepyvillain » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:05 am

raffaelli wrote:Perhaps you have more negative camber on the drivers side than on the passenger side. It looks like the bottom of the tires are the same dimension, just the top is off. If that is the case, check camber. Take the upper arms off and measure them. If they are the same, maybe the top of one of the control arms are bent or the uni-body is shifted.

That's the first thing I checked, even with the stock arms, (now have a set of adjustable Ingalls) the right wheel stuck out more at the hub.

kracksmith wrote:My 94-01 trailing arm does that exact same to my crx and i hate it. Now to get it even i have to stagger my offset rim purchase but then i cant rotate.

Ideally if anyone knows the differences between trailing arms, visually or geometrically, it would really help, I have no problem trying to source a crx si specific TA, I would just rather not throw money/time at it without diagnosing it first.

I also ordered a set of TA bushings yesterday off of Majestic, I will visually inspect the trailing arms some more when I'm replacing them and look for differences in condition.
sleepyvillain

Return to Stock Garage