Honda CRX Forum banner

Replacements for Cargo Cover Bumpstops??

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  tommy 
#1 ·
I lost one of the little bastards (the little rubber stops on the cargo cover that are held on by screws with heads that just cover the hole in the rubber that they go through), and can't find it in the rear hatch area, so it probably escaped. :doh:

Has anyone found done a McGuyver on this with non-oem parts that's worked? My cover has the typical separation but not too bad so I don't want to spend $150-200 on a new one just for the little bumpstop. Otherwise, I guess I'll just go to Home Depot and see what I can find, but if someone has already gone through this, I'm all ears. Gracias.

#4 ·
To close this one out, I got a pair of stops from Home Depot. After looking through the screws & hardware aisle to no avail, asked someone, and he pointed me in the door hardware section (yes, I'm stupid). They didn't have separate ones, so had to buy them attached to the metal doorstop arms, but at $2.50 each, I could splurge. :D They're harder than stock and a little taller, but they work, and the hole is tighter (oh, baby!) and with the more durable material, the stops should not be coming off the screws any time soon like the stock ones kept doing on my car. Probably has something to do with all of the vibrations the car has.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.