Honda CRX Forum banner

Low Beam headlights will not turn on in an '89 Si

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mossin_90 
#1 ·
Hi all,

This has been discussed before, but I am totally stumped!

Here's the issue: Turn the dimmer switch to low-beam: running and tail lights turn on, but the head lights do not. Turn on the hi-beams, all functions are normal and the hi-beam bulbs light.

When I purchased the car, they had very awful cheap "projector" style aftermarket headlights. Unfortunately, I didn't test them before I pulled them and replaced them with DEPO OEM style headlights.

There was a wire connecting the R and L low-beam positive wire together.. I imagine this is because one of the positive leads is bad? Either way, I removed it, re-wired everything back to stock, and the low-beams will not work.

Here's what I've done so far to trouble shoot:

-New dimmer switch was installed
-All new fuses
-New plugs for the headlights (they needed it regarless)
-checked the grounds near each headlight... they appear to be in good condition.
-New Bulbs

The lights STILL won't work!

Do I have a bad ground? Anyone have advise where to look or what else to trouble-shoot?

Any help is appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
you need to check the HL relays, low beam to be specific.
test both sides of the circuit.
check for power and ground. and check the wiring coming from fuse box or head light switch towards the relay connector.
trace cables to which one is missing its function whether it is no power or no ground.
gl

btw get the electric schemitis to help you trace cables easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.