(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

any spl competitors?

Audio, video, navigation, radar detectors and more. Also for alarms, security systems, kill switches, and other immobilization techniques.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: any spl competitors?

Postby SWAT_CRX » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:21 am

crap man i totally forgot all about this lol ive already put everything back together i was doing a wire tuck, and figured id take all that stuff out since im not using it for SPL anymore. But basicallly take your blower motor housing assembly down and you will see the fresh air vent. I took a piece of Hushmat couple layers thick and put it up thereand sealed the whole thing off then put the blower motor back up. As for the behind the center console i made a couple of panels out of ABS plastic black to match my interior. Just use a piece of card board to get the shape right then transfer it over and jigsaw your shape. you want it to be oversize enough to slip behind the big plastic cover there and use it to block off going from side to side.
SWAT_CRX

Postby BlackIce » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:31 pm

Well if anyones interested..
I came in 2nd for the Western Canada Regional dB Drag Finals in Street A, and am ranked 12th (Certified) Street A class for North American.

Done with a used Resonant Engineering MX-12 ($150), Clarion DPX11550 (850WRMS) monoblock ($400), Optima D34 bluetop ($260) and 3 runs of 1g cable ($70).. and without any access to an SPL meter for tuning !

Initially the system did a 138.8dB at an earlier comp.. 2 weeks of work realised a 5.1dB gain from the exact same gear. If anyones interested in what work was done to the car/equipment, here's a build thread: http://decibelcar.com/index.php/forum/1 ... eet-a.html
With some pictures.

And here's the sub box installed.. its 1.4 cubes with 2x 4" ports that are 18":

JDM '88 Si + ZC + Cyber Roof :)
BlackIce

Postby SWAT_CRX » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:27 am

cut that box down to 1.25 cubes and shorten your ports up youll be bangin out a lot bigger number! :-)b
SWAT_CRX

Postby SWAT_CRX » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:30 am

I did 1 12 inc RE MT with MMATS juggernaut cones and coils, on 1 MMATS 3500 and 1 Kinetik 2400 in 07 box was 1.21 cubic feet port was flare to flare one 6 inch aero about 5.5in long, burped 156.2 outlaw, 153.3 legal, and this is without the stuff i mentioned above being done :shock:
SWAT_CRX

Postby SWAT_CRX » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:33 am

oh and put that woofer in a 12 inch tube
SWAT_CRX

Previous

Return to Car Audio, Gadgets and Security