(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Review: Michelin Stealth Wiper Blades

Got a problem with your stock CRX? This is where you should start.

Moderator: Moderators

Review: Michelin Stealth Wiper Blades

Postby corey » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:24 pm

I know i know, theyre just wiper blades...But just to give a heads up to the crx community, i thought id share my experience with them.

I was at walmart, purchasing wiper blades. I wanted to get Rainx latitudes, but theyre to pricy for me, so i saw the michelin stealths...13 bucks a piece, i can do that...

Put them on, being a beam blade, i thought "these will be great, way better than the cheapos i usually buy"...Boy was i wrong.

Basically, the drivers blade does NOT form to the CRX(and im guessing other ef's as well) windshield for crap. It just smears a big section acrossed the entire driver side in the middle of the blade where the beam flex's...Might be great for most cars...but not for a crx.

I tried swapping blades, to another 20 inch Stealth blades, same result...

So, just to anyone out there, 26 bucks is a decent amount to spend on wipers...Dont buy stealths for your CRX/EF.

I would like to add, I put them on my GF's 01 Civic, and they have been great. So its not that theyre bad, they just dont work with our cars:(

Oh, funny story, i emailed michelin asking for a fix, replacement, or refund...They sent me OE Toyota blades as a replacement, which dont even have the same clip as a crx, and cannot be made to work. WTF? I even told them year make model, exact problem, ect. Oh well i guess. (if you have a new toyota that takes 20 inch blades both drivers and pass side, let me know! I have brand new oem beam blades you can have for the cost of shipping! lol)

Has anyone tried rainx latitudes? Does that beam blade work on our windshields?
-Corey
1991 Honda CRX Si
corey

Re: Review: Michelin Stealth Wiper Blades

Postby CrxFun » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:25 pm

I think Walmart doesn't carry them anymore, but I have used Triple Edge wipers for many years now. They have a lifetime warranty and I can attest to it, they do honor it. I have gotten I think 3 new sets by just calling them and a week later I had a new set. And they work really well for a long time. Here in SoCal we have the problem that after 8 month of not using them, they are usually shot after all the sunshine in the summer. The silicone of the triple edge is not as affected as rubber. And I think I paid 7 bucks back when I bought them.
Just my 2 cents
1986 Honda CRX Si (RIP)
1989 Honda CRX Si (non-op)
1988 Honda CRX Si - Will rise up to become once again my trusted daily companion
1989 Honda CRX Si Blade Silver - all stock
CrxFun

Postby asianflava » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:42 pm

I have the same problem with the blades on my DD truck. I got a set of Goodyear beam type blades because the only other option (at the time) was OEM Toyota which cost around $50 a set. I walked into a parts store and before I could ask, they said, "We don't have anything that big." I think it takes a 26" and a 22". The Goodyears were like $4 each. I can live with them, but the best ones I had were Bosch Icons. They are pricey, but they work really well.
91 CRX Si (hers)
89 Civic Si (his)
01 Toyota Highlander (hers)
07 Toyota Tundra (his)
asianflava

Postby corey » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:12 pm

Good to hear
*Begins search for cheap Icons on the interwebz*
-Corey
1991 Honda CRX Si
corey

Postby tommy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:25 am

I took mine off my crx before I put it in storage for the winter so I could repaint the arms. Just looked, and I've got Latitudes on currently. Had no problems with them this past summer.
1990 ZcSi
tommy

Postby corey » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:50 pm

hmmmm....wonder what my issue was then...
-Corey
1991 Honda CRX Si
corey

Postby MaStEr IrOc » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:39 pm

I dont know the model name, but I go to my oreilly auto parts and get the Bosch ones they have there. Have no problems with them at alll. A bit pricey, but worth it to me
JustJesus wrote:Can't wait to see my dentist. She's pretty hot. I'm hoping one day she'll put me under the gas and take advantage of me. Then again, I won't be awake to enjoy it. Crud. Stupid plans
MaStEr IrOc

Postby Gophat » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Bosch Icons hands down are the best in my opinion. Virtually no smear and streaking.
1988 Honda CRX DX LS/VTEC
Gophat

Postby acmoc » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:14 am

I have michelin, not sure if stealth or which one, I know it was a blue box.

Worked well so far for me
91 crx
acmoc

Postby NerdCore314 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:34 am

corey wrote:hmmmm....wonder what my issue was then...

I know this sounds stupid but SOOO many times iv gotten brand new wiper blades, spent lots of money and they SUCKED.... Well one day I got some and the passenger side wiped GREAT and the drivers side CRAP so I took the drivers side off, took off the clip, turned it around and put it back on, basically turning the blade aroud, let me tell you... there IS a giant difference, it DOES matter which way it is... Maybe you put both of yours on backwards, seriously! I recommend everyone saying their wipers are bad because they usually just on backwards, it seems like it should work either way but they just dont. :blah:
1989 CRX Si (Stolen)
1989 Maxima (Sold)
1988 Fiero Formula (Crashed)
2000 Neon (Traded in)
1997 Accord LX (Caught Fire)
1997 Civic (Traded for second CRX)
1988 CRX Si (Sold)
2005 Scion xA <--- Current Car
NerdCore314

Postby asianflava » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:00 am

^ It's worth a shot, especially since it doesn't cost anything. I'll try it on my truck, the Goodyear blades I got from Costco miss a section in the middle (always has) but guys on the Tundra forums like'em.
91 CRX Si (hers)
89 Civic Si (his)
01 Toyota Highlander (hers)
07 Toyota Tundra (his)
asianflava

Postby corey » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:24 pm

NerdCore314 wrote:
corey wrote:hmmmm....wonder what my issue was then...

I know this sounds stupid but SOOO many times iv gotten brand new wiper blades, spent lots of money and they SUCKED.... Well one day I got some and the passenger side wiped GREAT and the drivers side CRAP so I took the drivers side off, took off the clip, turned it around and put it back on, basically turning the blade aroud, let me tell you... there IS a giant difference, it DOES matter which way it is... Maybe you put both of yours on backwards, seriously! I recommend everyone saying their wipers are bad because they usually just on backwards, it seems like it should work either way but they just dont. :blah:

ill give that a shot
-Corey
1991 Honda CRX Si
corey

Postby NerdCore314 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:56 pm

Let me know if it works, im always excited to tell people because its always worked for me. Its usually a PITA to pop that clip off and make sure you put it on the other way. I took mine off one time, forgot which way it was on and put it back on exactly how it was, had to pull over and do it again, haha :D
1989 CRX Si (Stolen)
1989 Maxima (Sold)
1988 Fiero Formula (Crashed)
2000 Neon (Traded in)
1997 Accord LX (Caught Fire)
1997 Civic (Traded for second CRX)
1988 CRX Si (Sold)
2005 Scion xA <--- Current Car
NerdCore314

Postby corey » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:47 pm

NerdCore314 wrote:Let me know if it works, im always excited to tell people because its always worked for me. Its usually a PITA to pop that clip off and make sure you put it on the other way. I took mine off one time, forgot which way it was on and put it back on exactly how it was, had to pull over and do it again, haha :D

Ill let ya know! Unfortunately its snowing right now, and i dont much feel like going outside lol :P
-Corey
1991 Honda CRX Si
corey

Postby stelios » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Anybody else have any good experiences with different wiper blades? I like my PIAAs but for the price it wasn't really worth it. They're the older style of blades, I figured it was more era appropriate for my car, but it rains every day here and I need good blades. I wanted to try Rainx Latitudes as well, but don't want to buy them if they're junk.
froggy_prelude wrote:do u have a vigiana :D

-Angelo-
1991 Rio Red CRX Si
'91 CRX Si Build
stelios

Return to Stock Garage