(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

eBay Ball Joint Kits?

Got a problem with your stock CRX? This is where you should start.

Moderator: Moderators

eBay Ball Joint Kits?

Postby sxysweed » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:43 am

Has anyone had any luck/experiences with the eBay Ball Joint kits?

In particular the stuff from seller World Suspension? Part numbers seem to match Moog stuff.
sxysweed

Re: eBay Ball Joint Kits?

Postby ohisofly » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:15 am

Is this the one you're looking at?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KIT-HONDA-Civic ... 791wt_1271

I'm curious about this as well
1991 Crx Si - My build thread

"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I feel it not. I believe in God even when He is silent." -Written on a wall in a concentration camp
ohisofly

Postby sxysweed » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:16 am

Yes.

Most part numbers match up to Moog (didn't check all of them), so I'm curious to if it's any good. Hell of a lot cheaper than Moog too.
sxysweed

Postby ohisofly » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:21 am

Yea that's very true. I'd be interested in this too if anyone has any insight because I need new ball joints & tie rods anyways

"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I feel it not. I believe in God even when He is silent." -Written on a wall in a concentration camp
ohisofly

Postby C.R.Xander » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:35 am

Sounds like a bargain. I'm going to do a complete suspension rebuild soon so I've been checking prices. Best I can do for JUST the tie rod ends is $100 (Autozone), so this kit for $90 is great... and I can sell the control arms... I have Skunk2 Pro camber kit.
C.R.Xander

Postby ohisofly » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:40 am

^ yea just one outer tie rod from moog is like 50 bucks from napa

ohisofly

Postby SnowDrift » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:43 am

I don't know the brand or seller on ebay, but I've known of some of the cheap ball joints on there completely separating under hard driving. I have a hard time looking at any cheap suspension components, even if I need them, and don't have the money for better stuff. I'd probably look into buying them if I were you, cause it is a heck of a deal, and then slowly save up money to replace the parts with higher quality ones down the line.
SnowDrift

Postby KevinEF7 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:19 am

That stuff isnt Moog quality, and ball joints, tie rods is not anywhere to cheap out on a DD or car your going to drive hard. If you plan on just putting the cheap crap on the car to sell it then sure go for it. The ebay kits fail, quickly, Ive never had or heard of any success either

Moog isnt that expensive from rockauto.com, and its all quality. Greasable tie rod ends are great aswell

If you have a crx, the rack end bushing is a very missed maintenance item that causes all sorts of steering slop and noise in your front end. The rack end bushing is just a little piece of plastic that doesnt break usually but wears down with use and should be replaced if you havent since you owned the car. Its like $10 and best accessible when changing the inner tie rod ends.

In short I highly recomend Moog or oem honda from rockauto.com or hondapartsunlimited.com and definetely look into the rack end bushing if your going to do an overhaul :-)b
KevinEF7

Postby JDMCrx91 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:13 am

Moog ftw. Expensive.. a bit but worth it safety snd peace of mind. I been buying em one by one.
"Correct Me If I'm Wrong... That's Why I Joined" Crxcommunity.com
1991 Crx Si(turbo)
My Build Thread http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=34412
1991 Crx Si (sleeper) 3/17/13
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=64610
1992 240sx coupe
JDMCrx91

Postby Krix » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:49 pm

For some stuff I think generics can work, but these they just suck. I used TRW suspension parts after a lot of problems with generics, 5 years later still going strong. Stick with a big name brand like Moog or TRW for this.
Krix

eBay Ball Joint Kits?

Postby TheLukeMartinez » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:39 pm

I gladly paid $40 each for my Moog RTA bushings at O'Reilly's. I'd rather not buy cheap and have to go through the pain staking replacement process again. Super tyte JDM Mugen LED shift knobs are a different story my friend :rofl:
1989 Honda CRX Si B16A -Peppy DD-
1990 Honda Wagovan DX -Low N' Slow-
1996 Honda Civic LX -Gf & Son's-
TheLukeMartinez

Postby AlexCRX » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:36 pm

I don't see why bother with maybe cheap stuff when oem balljoints and tie-rods are cheap and good...

I used moog once, not bad but not as good as oem in quality
CDM 91 Si
CDM 91 Si Special Edition mint!
USDM 91 HF
AlexCRX

Postby sxysweed » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:44 pm

TheLukeMartinez wrote:I gladly paid $40 each for my Moog RTA bushings at O'Reilly's. I'd rather not buy cheap and have to go through the pain staking replacement process again. Super tyte JDM Mugen LED shift knobs are a different story my friend :rofl:

Cheap Chinese LED's fail like yesterday. :lol:

I sent a message from the seller, here is the response:
"No, they are not Moog. We sell O.E.Brand, DLZ, and MAS brands. They are made in China and have one year of warranty
Thank you"

Looks like I'll go with Moog in the front for the ball joints.
sxysweed

Postby imgoingforit » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:29 am

I have never had a good experience with cheap parts, ever.
sxysweed wrote:They're good for cool points on NWP and that's about it.
jdmtruong wrote:had some rotas but u know gotta have the real rims
imgoingforit

Postby BlackSheep » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:54 am

I actually got one of the kits online but I only drive this car a mile back and fourth from work. These are the same parts Advance auto stocks labeled as "driveworks" ( I know because I work there lol). Obviously not the best parts in my opinion but will deffinetly get you by in a pinch.
BlackSheep

Postby y49si » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:12 pm

AlexCRX wrote:I don't see why bother with maybe cheap stuff when oem balljoints and tie-rods are cheap and good...

Hands down ill take a moog LBJ over OEM anyway. The grease boots are night and day better. Not just because they are blue! :bounce:
1991 Honda Crx Si
y49si

Postby imgoingforit » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:25 pm

y49si wrote:
AlexCRX wrote:I don't see why bother with maybe cheap stuff when oem balljoints and tie-rods are cheap and good...

Hands down ill take a moog LBJ over OEM anyway. The grease boots are night and day better. Not just because they are blue! :bounce:

I can't agree with either of you. OEM fit and finish are way nicer than Moog. But I Can't agree with Alex that OEM is cheap either. My crx gets OEM, the beater accord gets Moog.
sxysweed wrote:They're good for cool points on NWP and that's about it.
jdmtruong wrote:had some rotas but u know gotta have the real rims
imgoingforit

Postby y49si » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:44 am

^ My experience with moog and OEM is from separating the two to change an axle or wheel bearing the moog pop and dont tear open nearly as much as the OEM and for ~$35 ill grab a moog at any parts store near by 7 days a week. The OEM are in no way an inferior joint to the moog my statement reflects the boot itself. They both work great. I personally would steer clear of cheap Ebay or chinese made ball joints.
1991 Honda Crx Si
y49si

Return to Stock Garage