(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Problem with B18a1 going into 96 Civic Cx

Car talk not CRX related goes in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Problem with B18a1 going into 96 Civic Cx

Postby Meech » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:59 pm

Details:

I'm doing the swap as a favor for a friend and tried to save him a bit of money by going OBD0 since he didn't know what he was doing and bought a "complete" swap out of a CRX...lol Anyway, I can't find the Cx's distributor pin out anywhere and have come to a bind. Car needs to run soon.

So, does anyone here know the pin out? If not, does anyone have any places in SoCal that would have OEM wiring harnesses in stock to replace the hacked one in it now? Thanks in advance. Current solution is to buy this off of Rywire and splice it into the dash wiring.
ebob wrote:Wish I aged as well the HF. I think I know why I lost 5mpg, my car's carrying and additional 150 pounds.

'88 Dx - '93 MPV V6 2wd - Feedback
Meech

Re: Problem with B18a1 going into 96 Civic Cx

Postby daveb91 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:41 pm

Wouldn't it be easier to go obd1...less headache. And service manual...
daveb91

Re: Problem with B18a1 going into 96 Civic Cx

Postby Meech » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:01 am

Would've been less of a headache but more money since he had already bought an OBD0 ECU, OBD0 Dist, mpfi converted harness that was pretty much useless except for scraps, and I already started hacking at the wiring and got stuck at this last part which I should have double checked before starting. But I thought, how complicated could it be, wire colors shouldn't even be different. Low and behold...

FSM was a bust. At least the ones I found. Neither one mentioned pinouts and colors.

I would've taken apart the old D series dist. to figure out the wiring myself but he sold the engine when he first started the swap to fund it so....
ebob wrote:Wish I aged as well the HF. I think I know why I lost 5mpg, my car's carrying and additional 150 pounds.

'88 Dx - '93 MPV V6 2wd - Feedback
Meech

Return to Everything Else Automotive