(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

What car cover are you using?

Car talk not CRX related goes in here.

Moderator: Moderators

What car cover are you using?

Postby CrackDaddy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:40 am

So unlike the lucky few out, I was cursed to live un a house without a garage lol. Unfortunately that leaves my rex open to the elements and prone to water leaks. I get so sick and tired of taking on and off a cheap thin car cover and two tarps to try and keep the rain out. It makes it such a hassle that I dont want to work on my car for all the extra hassle. Just curious if anybody out there is in the same boat I am and what car covers you find that works the best. 5000 points to anybody who can steer me in the direction of a good cover for a low price. :bounce:
CrackDaddy

Re: What car cover are you using?

Postby Baker » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:51 pm

Find where the leaks are, fix them.
If you can't leave your car outside because of leaks, a cover is just a band aid.
Also, the cover has the potential to put scratches in the paint, but if you purchase a quality one, that will be less likely. But also being sure the car is free of dust, which is tough outdoors, will help that as too.
Weathershield makes nice covers, BUT, you're gonna pay for it!
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby CrackDaddy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:10 pm

Baker, since I was able to pull the carpet out I have been able to somewhat pinpoint where those leaks are. Cant say for certain its the fresh air vent leaks or if its the moonroof drain line leak but thats as far as Ive gotten. While I do want somethung to cover my ride to keeo rain out, my other reason is for the street Hitler across the street from me. Nice guy but is a real control freak when it comes to "keeping the street clean". My rex aint quite up to par in looks and if I know better he would be screamin at the city to citate me for having an ugly car in the driveway lol. That aside, I dunno if I can justify a $200- 500 car cover. Hell for that price I can just buy a carport or pay a mechanic to fix my leaks lol. But definately something to keep in mind though.
CrackDaddy

Postby Baker » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:34 pm

CrackDaddy wrote: That aside, I dunno if I can justify a $200- 500 car cover. Hell for that price I can just buy a carport or pay a mechanic to fix my leaks lol. But definately something to keep in mind though.

If you're not willing to invest in a quality car cover, and you're not worried about your car's paint, a less expensive cover may work for you.
But then also, the car cover may attract curious looky loo's that you may not otherwise want either.
I would concentrate on spending the money on fixing the leaks then, in the long run, it makes the most sense financially.
Baker
Mr. Search

Return to Everything Else Automotive