(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

NCNS! Sounded like I blew A relay replced it did not work!

Car talk not CRX related goes in here.

Moderator: Moderators

NCNS! Sounded like I blew A relay replced it did not work!

Postby Cdogg2269 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:43 pm

Whats up guys I have an 89 CRX dx manual. Bought it he had a kill switch installed on the full pump and starter. Car eventually stopped starting. would crank but no fuel power. couldn't figure it out traced down to his connection wire was corroded so replaced it and cut off the kill switch. By then the car had not been started for a few months. finally was getting power from the fuel pump with crank. but no start. kept cranking cranking cranking then boom hear a pop from the lower left area were all the fuses and relays are. no crank no start. so started throwing parts at it got a starter. nothing but at least a new starter lol. I checked no blown fuses replaced the main relay and the starter relay. nothing. any ideas?
Cdogg2269

Re: NCNS! Sounded like I blew A relay replced it did not wor

Postby mossin_90 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:28 pm

Make sure the pump is priming and that you have spark at the spark plugs. If no power to pump check main relay. If no spark check ecu for power and check distributor for power. If dist. Has power have ing. Control module tested.
'90 CRX DX_5sp
"Maybe it's better that way... memories can be terribly painful, being able to forget is a great blessing"
mossin_90

Return to Everything Else Automotive