(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

1986 SI High idle issue

Looking for information specific to your 1st gen? Find it here.

Moderator: Moderators

1986 SI High idle issue

Postby laser45v » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:29 pm

I have a 1986 si that when I turn it on it idles up to 3500 and stays there and does not go down. I've researched this and am finding to clean the iacv. The issue I'm having is that there is to be what looks like a vacuum line that goes to that maybe even 2? That lead to a little pump that the wire is ripped out of. Hard to explain so I will try to post pictures. Any ideas. Thanks

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
laser45v

Re: 1986 SI High idle issue

Postby laser45v » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:31 pm

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
laser45v

Postby PHAT87CRX » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:42 pm

I have an '87 Si. the Green Tape on that Loom makes me think it's just plastic wire loom that came of the Coil Wires that go to the distributor. Right there in your picture that run along the top of the firewall, buy that little Solenoid which is just there to bump-up the idle speed when the A/C is turned on. The high Idle Speed I would think is from the Fast Idle Valve which is "mechanical" on these rather than "electrical" like on newer cars. The top of the FIV is right there in your picture also on the left. I'll wait and see if you're still checking this thread before going further. I guess this forum is a little "low on traffic". Been years since I've been here myself.
___________ 1987 CRX Si NH-94M Quartz Silver __________
If it's got wheels or tatas :shock: It's gonna consume time and money
PHAT87CRX

Postby gryffinwings » Wed May 17, 2017 8:12 am

I have a high idle issue as well, mine idles at around 1200 rpms when warmed up, you need to check this stuff.

1. Vacuum Hoses are connected where they need to be, especially to the vacuum advance.
2. High Idle Thermo Valve is properly sealed, if not get new o-rings, I have a list of sizes if needed.
3. Make sure that the throttle body is cleaned.

I'll think of others later... but these all come to mind.
1987 Honda CRX Si
gryffinwings

Return to 1st Generation CRX