(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Help Please

Looking for information specific to your 1st gen? Find it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Help Please

Postby J.Laha » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:32 pm

Alright so first time posting but does anyone know how to add more oil to the car i took the oil cap off i just don't know if i am supposed to pour it directly in the engine or if i am supposed to pour it in a hole somewhere. also can someone tell me how to replace the struts that hold my hatch up?

I have a 1st gen 1986 crx just the base stock model
Its the original engine and i have a set of Showa struts that came off another 1st gen that my grandpa had
J.Laha

Re: Help Please

Postby Myriad » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:50 pm

Yeah, just pour it right in. I understand it might look weird, but that's seriously where we pour it.

The hatch lift dampers will be bolted to the body and have a snap-clip fastener on the lift-gate. The top will pop right off with a forceful hand. There should be a plastic cover over the bolted part of the damper; pop it off and you just un-screw it.

Be careful, the lift-gate is surprisingly heavy. Try to get another person help you so you have replace the dampers without it falling on your hands or head.
I got a new shell, just need to stop driving the DX so I can work on it.

I've got a filter for my mouth, it just isn't a good one.
Myriad

Re: Help Please

Postby Baker » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:19 am

Good rule of thumb....
-Be sure to check the oil when the motor is cold.
-Top dot on the dipstick is full, bottom usually means is a quart low.
Take oil cap off, add oil in small amounts, let oil make it's way down into the motor, about a minute or two, check oil level on dipstick, add oil as needed.
Baker
Mr. Search

Return to 1st Generation CRX