Honda CRX Forum banner

Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  kaede11 
#1 ·
Hello

Need the help of you fellow experts.
I purchased a set of koni yellow dampers for my 91 Crx thanks to the help of a member earlier in identifying the part number.

I need the help for the Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs.
I searched the forum and found the part that matches to be Eibach Lowering Springs Pro Kit Part 4007.140

The webstore (larkspeed) i am purchasing from,told me that the european version of the 4007.140 is E4010-140.
I was wondering if any of you know if this is true and will the E4010-140 fits the Koni 8041-1166 and Koni 8041-1153Sport?

This is the link.
http://www.larkspeed.com/?p=69E4010140&a=i

Thank you in advance.

#2 ·
i rather get ground control where you can adjust the height. i bought eibach pro springs on my tokico illumine and although the ride is good but the lowering height up front is higher than the rear, just a bit. the front should always be lower or even with the rear. if you get adjustables you won't have to worry anything anymore. also I believe unibox frame is always uneven so adjustable coil over is best.

#4 ·
I'll reply directly to the question you actually asked. On the Larkspeed site, they say that the drop is 30mm all around, which is 1.18 inches. The typical US Eibach kit drop it 1.2" and 1.0", front and rear. The front drop is close enough to say that they're probably the same springs, but that difference in the rear I find too big to ignore. My guess is that the Larkspeed measurement is off, and it should be the same 1.0" drop, making it the same kit, but there's really no way to know for sure, short of contacting Eibach directly. Since you're in Singapore, that's probably not likely.

But in the end, if it's not the exact same spring in the rear, it's most likely close enough and you'd never notice the difference. I would say you should be fine.

#5 ·
Thanks alot guys
I really appreciate the help and information you guys have provided.
Its awesome.

I am being hit with compatibility issues at the moment as my CR-X is not USDM specifications and hence I am unable to get Koni Yellow Shocks 8041-1166SP4 Front and 8041-1153Sport Rear :( .

The fitment type for my rear dampers are eye-type fitment and 8041-1153Sport Rear is a fork-type fitment.
I was told by KONI UK distribution that I require Koni part 8040-1103 Sport Rear which have been discontinued.

Really a bummer now and at a loss for which coilover / damper to replace the one on my crx where the BC damper is squeaking and leaking...

#8 ·
So you need ITR rear shocks which have the 88 style USDM mounting, not sure on the valving though.

If you are in contact with Koni UK see if they can contact Lee Grimes at Koni NA, he happens to own a few CRX's and is a transmission customer of mine.

Pics would really help here.

Lee doing a Joey Chitwood impersonation at last year Runoffs, he was fine but ti was the first corner.

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.