(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Bypass o2 sensor?

Engine swaps, bolt-ons, tuning, OBD-1 conversions, forced induction, suspension & brake upgrades, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Bypass o2 sensor?

Postby ChrisJames823 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:32 pm

Is there a way to bypass the o2 sensor on my 91 CRXsi?
ChrisJames823

Re: Bypass o2 sensor?

Postby jlicrx » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:09 pm

why? - the O2 sensor is what controls the air fuel mixture - do you have some kind of stand alone system that would take over that function?
ZCspeed Racing
jlicrx

Postby giantstarfish » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:57 am

Have a crx 87...b16a which had a standard exhaust, 2 oxygen sensors fitted. I went n got a complete new exhaust n headers, guy put 1 sensor back on n I don't notice any difference. Guy who fitted exhaust said if it's an issue he would put another 1 on but as said no change I noticed from 1 or 2.

Sent from my ZTE Fit 4G Smart using Tapatalk
giantstarfish

Postby Tesla220 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:41 am

ChrisJames823 wrote:Is there a way to bypass the o2 sensor on my 91 CRXsi?

NO!!
The fuel management system needs that info.
If you have a problem then address that problem.
Chance favors the prepared mind
Tesla220

Postby Tesla220 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:45 am

giantstarfish wrote:Have a crx 87...b16a which had a standard exhaust, 2 oxygen sensors fitted. I went n got a complete new exhaust n headers, guy put 1 sensor back on n I don't notice any difference. Guy who fitted exhaust said if it's an issue he would put another 1 on but as said no change I noticed from 1 or 2.

Sent from my ZTE Fit 4G Smart using Tapatalk

If your B motor had 2 o2's then it is OBD2. You must have removed the "Rear" o2 as its function is to monitor cat efficiency. It does not effect performance. The FRONT one is the o2 that your ecu uses to fine tune AF Mixture. Without that your fuel mileage would drop and certainly set a code.
Tesla220

Postby Gr8_EE8 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:31 pm

If your B motor had 2 o2's then it is OBD2. .[/quote]

My OBD0 B16A had two O2 sensors. OBD2 has one before and one after the cat, but not all Hondas with two sensors are OBD2.

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk
Keep it real. This is the only Honda forum worth my time. You make it happen.
Gr8_EE8

Postby Tesla220 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:02 pm

Gr8_EE8 wrote:If your B motor had 2 o2's then it is OBD2. .

My OBD0 B16A had two O2 sensors. OBD2 has one before and one after the cat, but not all Hondas with two sensors are OBD2.

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk[/quote]

Never seen that here in the US.
Tesla220

Postby Myriad » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:12 am

Tesla220 wrote:Never seen that here in the US.

That would be because it's a JDM engine. :lol:
I got a new shell, just need to stop driving the DX so I can work on it.

I've got a filter for my mouth, it just isn't a good one.
Myriad

Postby Tasos_7R » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:35 am

If you chip and tune properly your ecu, you can by pass the o2 sensor. It's not the best option since o2 sensor will correct the air fuel mixture accordingly until up to 4k rpms, but i doubt you will notice a difference. I know may Hondas running without o2.

About the obd-0 B16 that has 2 o2 sensors, if you don't have a chipped ecu you have to run both of them in the correct place, which is on the primaries of the header. And each o2 sensor has to be mated with the correct cylinder pair (1-4 or 2-3) or else the car will run terrible.
Frost White CRX 1.6i-VT EE8
Tasos_7R

Postby giantstarfish » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:12 am

@ Tasos_7R
Thanks so much mate! You are SPOT ON i wreckon, being a few months now down the track, wondering why i got to keep adjusting throttle cables & screws...etc! I am almost 100% certain now that when i got the new exhaust fitted, there was meant to be 2 O2 sensors put in place, not the one! Like you say the ECU is a fussy thing. Going to take the car back (guy was cool and did say if it becomes an issue it would be free for him to add 1 so... why the hell not).
Sorry this has taken so long to get back to the thread too friends. had a house move, bought another crx (89) which is getting a full makeover. This info i "think", in time will become invaluable to some?
i will report back post 2 x 02 sensors fitted back onto the main header instead of 1 as is now, HOONDA around for a month or so , see how goes.

giantstarfish

Postby giantstarfish » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:15 am

giantstarfish

Postby giantstarfish » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:19 am

CRX Australia Car MEET 2016 Gosford CAR MUSEUM :) :-)b

giantstarfish

Postby ScottMog » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:16 pm

Just as one other person has stated you don't need the O2 sensor if you engine is tuned.

I've gotten rid of all the excess sensors including the FITV on my OBD1 B20V. Heck I don't even have hoses coming off of my intake manifold. They're all unnecessary if you tuned your car properly.
EMAIL ME instead if possible. scottmog@gmail.com
Haters gonna hate
ScottMog
BlabberMouth

Postby Tasos_7R » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:58 am

giantstarfish wrote:@ Tasos_7R
Thanks so much mate! You are SPOT ON i wreckon, being a few months now down the track, wondering why i got to keep adjusting throttle cables & screws...etc! I am almost 100% certain now that when i got the new exhaust fitted, there was meant to be 2 O2 sensors put in place, not the one! Like you say the ECU is a fussy thing. Going to take the car back (guy was cool and did say if it becomes an issue it would be free for him to add 1 so... why the hell not).
Sorry this has taken so long to get back to the thread too friends. had a house move, bought another crx (89) which is getting a full makeover. This info i "think", in time will become invaluable to some?
i will report back post 2 x 02 sensors fitted back onto the main header instead of 1 as is now, HOONDA around for a month or so , see how goes.

No problem mate. If you need to know which O2 sensor goes to which pair of cylinders let me know to check on my rex and tell you. Because you have to put each to the right pair of cylinders ore else the car will run awful.

Any more pics of the black crx with the red interior?? It looks cool. Did you paint it??
Frost White CRX 1.6i-VT EE8
Tasos_7R

Postby raffaelli » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:02 pm

ChrisJames823 wrote:Is there a way to bypass the o2 sensor on my 91 CRXsi?

Simple answer is yes. Just unplug it. You will get a code for it. 17 I think

But to help you we need more information on why and what your goals are.
raffaelli

Return to Modification Garage