(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Mini-Me

Engine swaps, bolt-ons, tuning, OBD-1 conversions, forced induction, suspension & brake upgrades, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Mini-Me

Postby betdacrx » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:15 am

Looking for some knowledge.

I have been on about 10 different websites reading write-ups and taking notes. I am starting with a D16A6.

I will be swapping a D16Y8 head. I have read i need 9 A6/Z6 head studs, and 1 Y8 Head stud because it is shorter and goes in the back left corner close to Vtec solenoid.

As you can see, I ordered the OBD0-OBD1 ecu harness, Dizzy harnes, and the 4 wire 02 sensor.
That all should still be good!

My concern is that this kit, was purchased when I thought I had a Z6 head lined up, but seller backed out...
Can I use Z6 headgaskets on y8 mini-me?
I read that I should still be able to use the Z6 Timing belt since its same number of teeth as Y8.

And lastly, i have a Z6 Intake manifold/throttle body.

Will this Mini-me work with A6 Block, Y8 head, Z6 Intake???

Not sure where to start.

Much appreciated!
90 Civic Hatch Si
betdacrx

Re: Mini-Me

Postby Mista Bone » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:21 pm

Why not run a Y8 head/intake and stock ECU for the time being? I know mine that I just tore apart all the head bolts were the same length.

BoneSpec Transmission
"D" Tranny guru
Mista Bone

Re: Mini-Me

Postby betdacrx » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:24 pm

I guess im holding off on the mini-me for now. I have a head, mani, and ecu. All the harnesses, just need a y8 dizzy. I feel like the head is in too rough shape, and dont want to waste money on having it cleaned/polished. Think ill just add a turbo and destroy it, then upgrade to a bigger motor later.

Ill get some pics up here soon, just afraid i will cause more harm than good trying the swap.
90 Civic Hatch Si
betdacrx

Return to Modification Garage