(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

J's lip rep

Engine swaps, bolt-ons, tuning, OBD-1 conversions, forced induction, suspension & brake upgrades, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: J's lip rep

Postby kracksmith » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:56 am

Nuckingfuts, i don't think so, they are just a molding company but i can ask him the next time I talk to him. if they do, i assume it's gonna be expensive because it'll just be 1 being ordered.

new for carbon fiber J's lip is 300, a new used one never installed is about 200, i bought mine J's carbon fiber lip for 150 but sold it for 200. I thought i like it but I didn't. The reason is, it's so flimsy and thin. one hit on it wrong it'll break or chip. i know it looks good but only on garage queen cars or show cars. if it's a daily driver you would want what we are trying to buy here from this company.
kracksmith

Postby crocrx » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:49 am

kracksmith wrote:Nuckingfuts, i don't think so, they are just a molding company but i can ask him the next time I talk to him. if they do, i assume it's gonna be expensive because it'll just be 1 being ordered.

new for carbon fiber J's lip is 300, a new used one never installed is about 200, i bought mine J's carbon fiber lip for 150 but sold it for 200. I thought i like it but I didn't. The reason is, it's so flimsy and thin. one hit on it wrong it'll break or chip. i know it looks good but only on garage queen cars or show cars. if it's a daily driver you would want what we are trying to buy here from this company.

Which one was it and how did it fit?
crocrx

Postby raffaelli » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:06 pm

raffaelli

Postby kracksmith » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:20 pm

i don't know which exact J's rep carbon fiber lip since there are so many out there but here was how it looked. The fit looks to be really good on a 90-91 when I placed it on not mounted. Didn't seem to need any trimming. looking at the close up pic below you can see how thin it is. so it's really best to buy the poly j's lip we are trying to buy here instead.

kracksmith

Postby crocrx » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:08 pm

Where did you get it?

kracksmith wrote:i don't know which exact J's rep carbon fiber lip since there are so many out there but here was how it looked. The fit looks to be really good on a 90-91 when I placed it on not mounted. Didn't seem to need any trimming. looking at the close up pic below you can see how thin it is. so it's really best to buy the poly j's lip we are trying to buy here instead.

crocrx

Postby sigmabob » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:28 pm

97008 beaverton, Oregon
sigmabob

Postby kracksmith » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:32 pm

per the person i bought from says passwordJDM
http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-EF-8 ... 5C426.aspx

i see in ebay the same but no name brand one??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CARBONFIBER ... 1c7f0d68d1

both are costly and flimsy not sure why anybody would buy it for daily. i mean i bought it cuz it was cheap but still i didn't want to ruin it so i sold it. the person i sold it to says it's cheap and didn't want to pay full price for something that will break easily too.
kracksmith

Postby crocrx » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:24 am

Hey I am really sorry but I will have to pull out of the group buy.
crocrx

Postby kracksmith » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:31 am

No problem shipping could kill this. I will get shipping info for the others that posted their zip code.
kracksmith

Postby raffaelli » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:31 am

if the group moves to a carbon fiber lip, I am out. No need for carbon fiber on the front of the racecar.
raffaelli

Postby kracksmith » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:13 pm

we are not moving to a carbon fiber front lip. somebody inquired about the carbon fiber front lip, and I was just trying to explain to him about the carbon fiber lip I bought and how much junk it is for daily or track driving.

we are still trying to move forward on the poly j's rep lip. i am in the process to create a shipping cost. i just don't have any card boards laying around presently. as soon as I do i will get a cost to those who left me their zip codes for the states.
kracksmith

Postby sloshed » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:09 am

Mine. Two screws on each end. 3M tape on mounting surface. Scruff ramps all day. This lip is a good peace of mind. I'm pretty low. Don't paint, just need a dress up product applied once a month. :-)b
I guarantee any CRX owner will be happy for the price you pay. Hence I'm getting ×4. Maybe more if I had more reliable CRX friends.
My '89 EF7 CR-X : Sloshed Project Thread
Might want to look here too :
Misc Parts for Sale
Misc Parts Needed
sloshed

Postby kcjohnnyboy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:05 pm

if people are still in for the group buy, i might be willing to buy 2 as well but will the extra lip help lower the price. No shipping for me since I will set something up with you for pickup or delivery to a friend of mine?
kcjohnnyboy

Postby kracksmith » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:26 pm

price 97.20 is the lowest and doesn't matter how many you buy. this is directly from the source. i am not making a dime or penny, just sharing with the crxcommunity.com crx enthusiast.

however if we got like 15 buyers then i will renegotiate the price accordingly because it's 5 more than the 10 price quote I received.

yes if you live in so cal or have friends in so cal, i can meet you or them, or you or them can even pick them up yourselves when it's ready, it's in Chino, CA. off the 60fwy.
kracksmith

Postby cboutilier » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:27 pm

Damn. I wish it wouldnt be so pricey to ship one up here to Canuckistan. That's a great price.
Corksil wrote:Build it right, build it once.

1991 TGP CRX Si: b18a1, spec-d, tein, konig
1985 Prelude: stock A18 dual carb
1993 MR Civic CX: b16a2, skunk2, autometer, magnaflow, etc. (traded for rex)
cboutilier

Postby kracksmith » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:58 pm

I'm still in the process of getting some cardboard to create a box to get shipping estimates. I have yet to find any cardboard for this. I hope to find some soon. I did weight it, it's 1.5lbs so it's not too heavy.

There are a couple of ways to ship them, sending it boxed up the long way, or fold it in a big U shape (not a V shape) so it won't be considered oversize. Sending it the long way shouldn't be that much in the states but international it will and will require it in a U shape.

kracksmith

Previous

Return to Modification Garage