Honda CRX Forum banner

J's lip rep

16K views 69 replies 17 participants last post by  kracksmith 
#1 ·
I just picked up this J's rep lip from a local molding shop. very hard plastic but soft enough to twist, thick rubbery plastic. Anyways I spoke to the guy and he stated we could do a group buy of 10 or so for a good discount. So I'm here to state let's get 10 people to do a buy. I will buy one more for my other CRX if the price is good. The fit looks to be really good on a 90-91 bumper but not sure about 88-89 bumper. I will test fit it to my 88-89 bumper another day.

In the past we had successfully did a group buy on the fender brace below:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=162386&hilit=fender+brace

I also spoke to the molding guy and he said he could create a mold for the EDM wing too provided we get at least 10 guys for a commitment to buy. i don't know the exact cost but we need a edm wing to show him to estimate a prototype cost. I don't have any extra edm wing laying around and i'm not about to remove it from my crx. so if somebody is local to Chino, CA and has a extra one to drop off he can estimate a price. he will make his money by selling the final one in ebay or other places.

See less See more
#7 ·
yes KBD, they are very local to me, in Chino, CA. Spoke to David there and he is willing to do a group buy for a good discount on this lip. He said he can mold a EDM rear wing if we can get some interest too.

so picking it up from ebay which is a reseller for KBD, they charged me for shipping (even though i picked it up locally), tax and the product. i paid i think about 150usd.

David won't charge for shipping when it's time to pick up. they don't have these laying around in display. these are all made to order. So that means if somebody wants one like me, they have to do the mold setup and etc... that is a lot of work for just 1. if we order like 10, it's worth the mold setup and will cost cheaper. i don't know the cost but if we can get 10 guys on this I can work with him on the numbers and get back with you guys. but serious buyers only, hate to go down there and talk up a storm to him to later find out a couple of people dropped off and the deal is dead.

#9 ·
if you need it asap, you can technically buy it from ebay the reseller or i can give you kbd contact number for one. price at ebay reseller is 180 with shipping. kbd i think maybe 140-150. I'm trying to hit 100 bucks each for 10.

so we have the below:
I'll be getting another one so count myself in.
crocrx
kcjohnnyboy.

maybe it's best for me to talk up a storm to him to get a product price and then get 10 people who are interested. I'll call them tomorrow then.

#13 ·
Ok Slosh thanks for the support I'll add you in for 2. hmmm, your in Singapore so shipping might be costly, but if this goes through I'll package it safely and send it out.

Update, I talked to him and emailed them yesterday so I think we should get some prices soon.

#16 ·
Ok guys I got a quote for $97.20 for 1 lip with a minimum of 10 lips to be ordered. If we get more than 10 orders maybe I could re-negotiate for even less. I will also put in a clause for me to test fit each lip at pickup time to ensure the fit is correct. I guess I'll just need to bring my 90-91 bumper there or drive my 90 CRX there for the test.

I will just include the names below, if your name is on there and you don't want it, just let me know I can remove you. However if your name is on there, please be commit to buy and make this group buy happen. For the ones that needs me to ship, I can surely do so but with shipping and shipping material would be extra. I wouldn't know this cost at this time.

1. Me
2. raffaelli
3. kcjohnnyboy
4. slosh
5. slosh 2nd one
6. crocrx

#17 ·
Ok update, we just need 2 more people to commit and we are on our way to get these at the price mentioned above.
Once we get the next 2 committed people, the next step is to collect the cash. Send paypal with no fees. If you want to add the fees, please send 3% extra.

Some people might be worried about this but I can assure you I am NOT the one who will rip off anybody. I have done the fender bar group buy with success. If anybody needs any information from me let me know. I can give you my cell phone, my home address, video chat, a picture of my family or whatever makes you feel comfortable.

I will update the entire transaction even if it's minor. I will not post it on the board here but rather through the 10 emails.

So com'on, 2 more people is needed to move this forward to the next step.

#19 ·
these will not be 100 shipped. it's 97.20 just for the lip. shipping for these I don't believe will be cheap cuz it'll be over sized and long. unless you want me to fold which I suggest against it.

i'm in the Inland Empires Menifee area so I'm not that far from you. Sometimes I go to OC and LA too so if timing is right, i can meet you somewhere in OC or in LA (whoever in LA that is).

you know what, when these are ready, for the people close by Chino, you guys can pick them up yourselves if you want. Money wise I still need it for the business transaction i'm doing with him. I will give him half to start production and the other half when I check them out on pick up time.

#20 ·
I'm in Kansas city but I do go to California every year. I will head there in a couple months or so. I also have some family there and friends that I can arrange for them to pick it up or have it dropped off. Unless you can hold it for me until I arrive in California sometime this year.

#26 ·
Nuckingfuts, i don't think so, they are just a molding company but i can ask him the next time I talk to him. if they do, i assume it's gonna be expensive because it'll just be 1 being ordered.

new for carbon fiber J's lip is 300, a new used one never installed is about 200, i bought mine J's carbon fiber lip for 150 but sold it for 200. I thought i like it but I didn't. The reason is, it's so flimsy and thin. one hit on it wrong it'll break or chip. i know it looks good but only on garage queen cars or show cars. if it's a daily driver you would want what we are trying to buy here from this company.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.