(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Suspension advice

Engine swaps, bolt-ons, tuning, OBD-1 conversions, forced induction, suspension & brake upgrades, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Suspension advice

Postby crocrx » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:02 am

I have a 91 crx si i'd like to road race in the future. I have already purchased Koni "Race" shocks which are the yellows that are shorter and can handle higher spring rates. Here are my questions for you suspension gurus out there:

-if I go with lowering springs opposed to coilover sleeves from a company like Swift or Hyperco, what length do I need? I'd like them to be long enough so they don't come loose during full droop.

-if I decide to go with a coilover sleeve, should I go with the black Koni ones or Groundcontrol?

-what size bumpstops should be used?

-is there any benefit to using 88 "itr" style rear lower control arms?
crocrx

Re: Suspension advice

Postby raffaelli » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:41 pm

I have koni sleeves and use 6x2.25 springs on bearings, no stops.

Careful about swapping arms. Check what class you will run in and what the rules are. The are two differences: The bushing is larger, the opening at the upper link is smaller.
raffaelli

Postby crocrx » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:12 pm

raffaelli wrote:I have koni sleeves and use 6x2.25 springs on bearings, no stops.

Careful about swapping arms. Check what class you will run in and what the rules are. The are two differences: The bushing is larger, the opening at the upper link is smaller.

What springs do you use and what rates? Also does the koni sleeve require a spring adapter?
crocrx

Postby raffaelli » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:16 pm

crocrx wrote:
raffaelli wrote:I have koni sleeves and use 6x2.25 springs on bearings, no stops.

What springs do you use and what rates? Also does the koni sleeve require a spring adapter?

Yes I have the plastic inserts.

Spring rates change depend on my mood and the track.

550f/800
800f/1000
raffaelli

Return to Modification Garage