Honda CRX Forum banner

Hawk HPS Pads Part Number for 91 Si?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  OculiAquilae 
#1 ·
I've seen on a lot of different forums and website reviews that people have problems with getting the wrong Hawk HPS pads even though they're supposed to be correct. Can anyone tell me what the CORRECT part number is for front and rear Hawk HPS brake pads on a 91 CRX Si?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
For anyone wondering: if you ordered HB113F.590 for the front, and HB350F.496 for the rear you should be good. They fit my car; the front required some modification if I recall correctly - basically there's a little nub on the backside that I had to grind off in order for the pads to fit.

#3 ·
By little tab you mean the tabs on each end of the pad? I'm a little sketchy on doing that only to find out they don't fit and now I have a set I can't sell or return. Also it looks like the pads will slide forward and aft because they are significantly narrower than the seating area. Also looks like they will. Contact the rotor hat area. Right now I'm. Stuck with pads I can't use and have no idea if they are right or if I have different parts on my car unknowingly.

#4 ·
Matt,

I know we've already addressed this privately, but I'll post anyway for others' future reference.

Yes, that little round metal bump, not the chirper tab. Although you/I don't need those anyway.

You ended up having DX brakes, right? That was your problem? How'd they fit once you got your Si caliper installed? perfect or did you have to get the bump ground off? Idk why, but I COULD NOT get my HPS to fit in my stock Si calipers properly without grinding that little bump off.

#6 ·
Dr. D said:
I also had to grind he nub of the pads as well, took a few minutes with a file, no problem.
Whelp, glad I'm not the only one. I figured I should respond in case any other new rex owners buy the pads and are confused or uncertain as I was, hopefully now they'll be able to find this thread and not feel so lost haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.