Honda CRX Forum banner

88 Rex progress thread

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  thebuckshot 
#1 ·
Hello everyone bought a clean title crx a few years ago for $200 and it's just been sitting at the shop. I finally decided to start working on it again. I wish I had photos of how I bought it but since then it had some body work done. And hopefully will be ready for paint. I've been sourcing out parts and hopefully will be able to get everything soon.

Enough talking, off to the pictures

Sorry for the dirty interior.

This is my current daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
welcome to the forum. :)b
don't forget to clean the area where grounds are located, these cars hate using the bolt threads alone, you need good surface contact to work great.

btw what color are you spraying?

#3 ·
mossin_90 said:
welcome to the forum. :)b
don't forget to clean the area where grounds are located, these cars hate using the bolt threads alone, you need good surface contact to work great.

btw what color are you spraying?
Definitely. Not quite sure but it will stay in the white family.

#4 ·
I saw a white pearl(I think it was pearl or metallic ) Nissan Juke and man ohhh man.....I sprayed mine Black and its like a mirror but that color made my head spin for a while. actually I'm still thinking about it.

#5 ·
Productive day today. Interior is coming out

Maybe do some body work for a bit.

I have 2 manual door panels if anyone is interested. It is the one where the seatbelt is in the door. Mines is in the car. Don't know why these door panels were on here

#6 ·
A lot has happened these past few weeks. Little by little the interior is coming along.

Out with this poor paint job dash.

Do not understand why this car had these door panels.

In with the new

Back seats are in

Debating repainting the trunk. Tried my best at cleaning it.

Went ahead and sprayed rust remover after.

#8 ·
don't forget to check for water leaks, these cars are known to leak from roof top seams near both ends(close to hatch and close to front windshield) also brake light housing gaskets go bad fast and leak a lot.

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.