(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Newf*g needs advice from forum elder gods.

Discussions about one thing: the race. Whether it's autocross, drag, road or rally, take it TO THE TRACK and post about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Newf*g needs advice from forum elder gods.

Postby Socal_88crxsi » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:14 pm

88 si.
I'm planning on doing an engine swap to a b16a in the not too distant future when the stock engine inevitably loses compression or otherwise dies. Till then I want to mod it but I want to stick to miss that would be transferable to the new engine so I'm not wasting money. Would headers transfer? Intake? Fuel rail? Don't say to upgrade: brakes, suspension or tires or anything insanely obvious. Also, where would be good places to reduce wieght? I've already clean out the back and taken out the AC. Thanks for helping me out. Sorry if I sound stupid, arrogant, naive, etc...
Socal_88crxsi

Re: Newf*g needs advice from forum elder gods.

Postby theinfamousw » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:53 am

Fuel rail is different. Headers will not transfer for sure, though that is the best bolt on power for a d16a6 because the stock exhaust manifold is so restrictive. If you are dead set on swapping then just focus on the chassis upgrades, not much of anything is going to transfer between those engines, maybe if you get lucky on an air intake. Get on local FB pages and groups and look for deals if you want a lil power push and don't want to spend much, i see headers pop up for $40 and intakes for $20 here in Al on fb regularly. Unless you are just trying to kill it, don't expect that a6 to just die on you. They are great reliable lil engines that will be running long after that b series has been rebuilt a couple times. A d16a6 with I/H/E is a force to be reckoned with on a scca course
I like my women like my CRX. Short, sexy, and with a rear end that makes you say "I bet she handles like a dream"
theinfamousw

Return to Track Racing (Drag/Autocross/Road/Rally X)