(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

STS legal mod question

Discussions about one thing: the race. Whether it's autocross, drag, road or rally, take it TO THE TRACK and post about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: STS legal mod question

Postby budget_crx » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:48 am

What is the loophole? Does yours retain the same US bumper beams?
'89 ED9 - '89 EF7 - '90 EF8
budget_crx

Postby dliverance » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:37 pm

The HF bumper beam is what I'm using as it fits the SiR bumper.

And then there's this.

And...

The SiR parts were not sold on US cars however with the part number, back when parts were still in stock, you could order the parts. I don't think that really matters though because none of the OEM front parts are available for purchase which leaves me the option to substitute parts as long as they do not provide improve performance as highlighted above.

So here's my thinking. The CRX has been out of production now for 25 years. Dealerships no longer stock bumpers, hoods, or headlights. I'm certain of this.
dliverance

Postby JustJesus » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:41 pm

dliverance wrote:With the kosei k1 being too narrow and the 6ul not being available for a few more months, I started searching again. Today I found the gram lights 57v in 15x7.5, 4x100, et25. I'm doing the homeowrk now to see how well they'll fit but these might be the direction I go in.

Another wheel, cost effective, is the TRM C1. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=C157542400CG&wheelMake=TRMotorsport&wheelModel=C1&wheelFinish=Light%20Grey%20Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Mazda&autoModel=Miata&autoYear=1994&autoModClar=

It's cheap. Not the lightest. Not the strongest. But it works well enough for autoX. 15x7.5 wrapped in 195s.
I run a set on my STS civic, which is nationally competitive (when driven by a good driver! I still suck). Those wheels can also be found on multi-national champ J. Wong's old black Civic.

Are people still going with 195s on 7.5" wheels? I haven't been out in a little over a year.

Just Racing
JustJesus

Postby dliverance » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:35 pm

I ended up grabbing a used set of 7.5" 6ul's
dliverance

Postby AJC » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:56 pm

JustJesus wrote:Are people still going with 195s on 7.5" wheels? I haven't been out in a little over a year.

We've pretty much all switched over to 205 Rival S or RE71R. I only saw one set of Toyos all last year (someone was using them for rain tires, used them one run and I never saw them again)... 205s also.
2012 & 2014 Washington DC Region SCCA STS class champion (driving a Miata)
'88 CRX Si, Maaco "Apple Red" beater/commuter
AJC

Postby dliverance » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:24 pm

Yeah I read a good comparison on the rival s, the toyo and the re71r. It looks like the best option is the re71r.
dliverance

Previous

Return to Track Racing (Drag/Autocross/Road/Rally X)