Honda CRX Forum banner

Slightly different stock seat belt/fixed back seat question

4K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  tommy 
#1 ·
Got my Cobra in, which looks great and I think will fit fine in my car with the seat base and brackets I have.
But I do want to be able to use the stock seat belt as well (1990) on the car during normal driving. On my previous setup, I just slid the receptor (the thingy you click the seat belt tongue into) to the inner rear seat bolt, so it was attached to the seat that way. Just wondering if something would be better/safer, like adding a tab to the rear of the seat bracket expressly for the seat belt receptor instead. Any thoughts?

#2 ·
When I had my sparco seat, the wedge engineering bracket had a tab for mounting the seatbelt. If I recall, the tab was basically a thick steel "L" bar with a bolt hole at the end for mounting the seatbelt receiver. The bar was mounted vertically and toward the tunnel or away from the seat and this made latching easier, imo.

#4 ·
Yep, tab just like that. Mine was just a bit higher and squared off. Are you adding a slider or fixing the seat position just to you? What harness are you running?

The Suzuka Pro for skinny people is on my radar. I really like the higher thigh support as compared to my sparco rev. Stitching looked really good too. Sucks using my stock seat right now and having to hold my body in place instead of the seat doing it for me. :evil: Damn thieves.

#5 ·
Tom and Matt at Wicked made me a custom bracket that doesn't slide, but works great for me. With my watermelon-sized noggin, I need all the help I can get.

Don't have a harness yet (see my thread on this subforum about harnesses, a lot of good info there). I'll probably blow the budget and get a Schroth profi II-6 pt with 2" sub, 'cause they're too pretty. Then drill the floorpan for the 4 eybolts with backing plates.

You should be very happy with the Suzuka; I really like the fabric, and it feels like it will breathe very well in summer.

#6 ·
Update time (I'm sure you're all dying to know): Took some measurements last night and this morning, and dropped the seat bracket off this morning to a shop that specializes in 4x4s that's done some previous work for me. They're going to weld an L bracket with braces to the inner rear corner, and the seat belt receptor will bolt onto that. Should have a pic or two in the next day or so.

#7 ·
Final solution: ta-da!!

You can see the newly-welded and painted tab; they added a couple of braces too. Pretty nice. I was hoping for a freebie, but it wasn't. But at least that's one problem taken care of. Will test fit tonight when I install some new goodies. :tongueblue:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.