(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Autocross in Waldorf MD last weekend

Discussions about one thing: the race. Whether it's autocross, drag, road or rally, take it TO THE TRACK and post about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Autocross in Waldorf MD last weekend

Postby AJC » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:05 pm

Our local club put on its last event of the season last weekend. I was invited to co-drive a very good STS CRX rather than run my own car and gladly accepted. The car owner beat me by half a second or so, which wasn't completely unexpected since it was my first time in this car and only my second time in FWD. We had data acquisition in the car and reviewing runs between drivers we could see I was getting beat pretty badly in the slalom but fairly competitive otherwise.

Afterwards for fun runs I jumped in my own car and ran pretty much the same time as I did in the CRX, which is encouraging. It wasn't a horsepower course and that's what I need to be competitive.

This is "Bubba"

The videos: Andrew's fast run, my fast run, my fast run in my car, and a little blooper reel
2012 & 2014 Washington DC Region SCCA STS class champion (driving a Miata)
'88 CRX Si, Maaco "Apple Red" beater/commuter
AJC

Re: Autocross in Waldorf MD last weekend

Postby dliverance » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:24 am

This car has been on my mind for every minute of my build. Andrew has won 6 of 7 of this seasons events in Bremerton. I haven't attended yet but I was planning on making an appearance this coming Monday. Unfortunately, the season doesn't start back up until February but that gives me enough time to get my car dialed in.
dliverance

Postby Dave_Darling » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:42 pm

Hmm, I wonder if you know JP or Britain? They used to run a 914-6 ("the S--tbox"), then JP sold Britain the car, and it has turned into a tube-frame monster with a Scooby Turbo motor, Lotus Elise suspension, and more.

I'm pretty sure that I was Brit's first autoX instructor. He beat me in a car with less motor and suspension on his first day... Guy's got talent!!

--DD
"Mango Bango", 1990 CRX Si -- Sold on 10/01/11, with over 227,000 miles.

VTEC is Honda's "select a cam profile on the fly" system; VTECH is a crappy phone.
Dave_Darling

Postby AJC » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:42 pm

JP or Britain are not names that ring bells with me, but I don't know a lot of people from your neck of the woods. I ran Andrew's car a few years ago when he was living here in Washington DC but he's since moved west.
2012 & 2014 Washington DC Region SCCA STS class champion (driving a Miata)
'88 CRX Si, Maaco "Apple Red" beater/commuter
AJC

Postby Dave_Darling » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:44 pm

Confusion reigns. I was confusing your "Washington" with the state, but then dliverance mentioned Bremerton, which cemented that. That's where JP and Britain were (are?) running.

But your Washington is DC, which is sort of slightly 3500 miles away from Washington state. Oops.

--DD
"Mango Bango", 1990 CRX Si -- Sold on 10/01/11, with over 227,000 miles.

VTEC is Honda's "select a cam profile on the fly" system; VTECH is a crappy phone.
Dave_Darling

Postby dliverance » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:07 am

Yeah Andrew (the owner of the car above) runs that car here in WA at the Bremerton events.
dliverance

Return to Track Racing (Drag/Autocross/Road/Rally X)