It is finally time for me to sell my HF. It is mostly stock aside from the VX rims. Asking price is $2500.
I purchased the car in 2000 with 140k miles (3rd owner). It has served me well and now has close to 260k miles. It gets great mileage and is very reliable. Cheap and easy to get parts and a simple design make it great for someone who turns their own wrenches or doesn't want to pay a lot at the shop. Unfortunately its lack of seats does not suit my family situation and I can't justify owning it any longer.
As-is, the car is a solid daily driver for local trips and I drive it just about every day. It is completely original except for the 92-95 Civic VX rims, a K&N stock replacement filter, and SS braided brake lines. Recent maintenance includes rear brakes and master cylinder, and the exhaust from the header back. It was originally equipped with AC, but that was removed when it quit functioning.
The car does have some minor issues (mostly cosmetic), but nothing to keep you from getting from A to B.
Known cosmetic issues:
- isolated surface rust spots
- right rear scrape (present when I bought the car)
- front middle bumper parking scrape
- left front low speed animal strike slight puckered hood and fender
- windshield has a small foggy area on the passenger side
- seats are heavily worn, but usable
- rear carpet is heavily worn
Known mechanical issues:
- small oil leak at distributor (have the seal, but haven't installed)
- cracked CV boot on one axle (doesn't make popping noise)
A factory Honda repair manual hard copy also goes with the car.