(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

FT: SI (small bearing) trans for an HF trans

All parts relating to the CRX. If it's from another Honda, but is commonly used for the CRX, it's ok.

Moderator: Moderators

FT: SI (small bearing) trans for an HF trans

Postby wspangle » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:45 pm

I just swapped out the SI transmission in my 1990 HF for an original HF trans and I want to have a spare HF transmission on hand, just in case.
The transmission I pulled out of my car was in perfect condition. It shifted smoothly, no grinds, didn't have to fight with it to go into gear, no leaks, etc. I did, however, have to rob the throw out (clutch release) bearing and the spring behind it for the transmission I installed.
The transmission has PL3/A100 stamped on it. When I bought the car I called Honda and gave them the serial numbers to confirm that the engine and trans were original to the car. They told me they were. Well, I found out later that someone had rebuilt the HF trans in the car with SI gears.

To recap: the transmission is marked as an HF but it has SI gears in it. I know this because at 70 mph I was reading around 3,500 RPMs, but with the actual HF trans I installed it's at 2,225 RPMs.
wspangle

Re: FT: SI (small bearing) trans for an HF trans

Postby Mista Bone » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:41 pm

Charlie Tighe here, I need to look in my storage unit, I know I have one or four.
BoneSpec Transmission
"D" Tranny guru
Mista Bone

Re: FT: SI (small bearing) trans for an HF trans

Postby wspangle » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:07 pm

That would be amazing. It's hard keeping this HF stock when the parts are so scarce.
wspangle

Return to Parts - For Sale or Trade (FS or FT)