(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

FRONT SPEAKERS HELP

Audio, video, navigation, radar detectors and more. Also for alarms, security systems, kill switches, and other immobilization techniques.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: FRONT SPEAKERS HELP

Postby daveb91 » Fri May 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Dr_Drache wrote:
I'm done with this... good luck with BSing. if you don't know something, be the bigger man and admit it.

People should take their own advice sometimes... :bounce:

In my CRX I had a component kit in the front and the 6 1/2 Mid Driver....(haha see what I did there) fit just fine in the door like everyone said its just paying attention to the specs and going out and doing some quick measuring to see if it fits. I have yet to see a quality manufactor not post dimension of their speakers. Just because tire rack says a wheel and tire combo fits doesn't mean it's not going rub like crazy when you turn.. At least with the speakers you can build out trim rings to help fitment... Crxander are you using a high pass filter in the amp or just using what came with the component kit?
daveb91

Postby Dr_Drache » Fri May 30, 2014 2:34 pm

daveb91 wrote:
Dr_Drache wrote:
I'm done with this... good luck with BSing. if you don't know something, be the bigger man and admit it.

People should take their own advice sometimes... :bounce:

In my CRX I had a component kit in the front and the 6 1/2 Mid Driver....(haha see what I did there) fit just fine in the door like everyone said its just paying attention to the specs and going out and doing some quick measuring to see if it fits. I have yet to see a quality manufactor not post dimension of their speakers. Just because tire rack says a wheel and tire combo fits doesn't mean it's not going rub like crazy when you turn.. At least with the speakers you can build out trim rings to help fitment... Crxander are you using a high pass filter in the amp or just using what came with the component kit?

and this quote is supposed to mean what?
Dr_Drache

Postby daveb91 » Fri May 30, 2014 2:38 pm

What ever you want...you are smart guy...
daveb91

Postby Dr_Drache » Fri May 30, 2014 2:40 pm

*you are "A" smart guy*

(sorry had to... I suck at grammar more than that)
Dr_Drache

Postby daveb91 » Fri May 30, 2014 2:49 pm

See that is your 3 degrees working there smart guy. Speaker talk please........
daveb91

Postby KevinEF7 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:28 pm

Polk Db651 do fit in the front doors no problem no "mods" needed. They come with a plastic bracket that mounts to our inner door skin perfectly using the factory holes, you just remove the factory plastic cup and install this bracket and no mods needed, factory wiring clicks on perfect aswell

I got and installed my DB 651 and 521's today, holy heck was I ever missing out, very clear and loud at near full volume, no distortion, off of headunit power alone I am very impressed, especially with the bass response, sounds great, I listenned to some old Limp Biscuit and found myself jammin. And I think thats saying alot being as my other daily car has 7,000+ rms and pro audio speakers in the doors

The Polks arent the cheapest @ 70/each so about $150 to do all 4 corners of the Crx, but I will definetely recommend them
KevinEF7

Postby kcjohnnyboy » Wed May 18, 2016 3:53 am

kevin, do those polks give a decent bass to them?
kcjohnnyboy

Postby Baker » Sun May 29, 2016 7:53 am

KevinEF7 wrote:I listened to some old Limp Biscuit and found myself jammin.

I wouldn't openly admit that. :lol:
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby umop3plsdn3dlus » Sun May 29, 2016 10:54 am

kcjohnnyboy wrote:kevin, do those polks give a decent bass to them?

The DB"s or the DXI's should give out some decent bass response for the price. As long as you seal them pretty good while mounting and separate/seal the back chamber of the speaker, any speaker should perform *reasonably* well
Dustin - Central Texas
umop3plsdn3dlus

Previous

Return to Car Audio, Gadgets and Security