Honda CRX Forum banner

Big 3

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  KevinEF7 
#1 ·
I want to use 0 gauge on my ALT, can I keep the stock wire and then ADD a 0 gauge wire from alt to battery with an inline fuse/breaker.

#4 ·
It would take the path of least resistance, zero problems leaving the stock wire in place

If you have zero gauge you can use it, but even 4 gauge is quite overkill for our 60 amp alternators on a run less than 5 feet, 4 gauge quality wire can carry 150amps with little/no drop. Makes life a little easier running and hiding wires. Nothing wrong with overkill if thats your thing though

#5 ·
Thanks Kevin, yes I have 0 gauge since im installing a subwoofer. I will be replacing the alternator with either a high output aftermarket alt or getting mine rebuild for more amps. I will be installing a sundown x10 with a hifonics brutus amp at 1ohm 2000watts. Waay to much but I can always go down to 750 rms at 4 ohm.
I seen ppl doing the big 3 but wasnt sure on alt. Already did 0 gauge grounds, 0 gauge batt to starter and 8 gauge battery to fuse box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.