(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Extremely Low Volume from Driver's Side

Audio, video, navigation, radar detectors and more. Also for alarms, security systems, kill switches, and other immobilization techniques.

Moderator: Moderators

Extremely Low Volume from Driver's Side

Postby adc2k2 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:33 pm

The speaker on my driver's side get's little/faint sound. I've checked all connections at the back of the deck, the deck itself, and the connection behind the speaker and it's is all fine. I've also tested the speaker itself and it is okay.

The passenger's side works perfectly. I've played with the balance, fade, etc.

I am thinking of a possible problem with the wires themselves that feed through the door and to the speaker. Is there any advice on removing and replacing this wiring? Does the door or anything else have to be disassembled to access/replace this wiring?

Thanks.
Last edited by adc2k2 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adc2k2

Re: No Sound from Driver's Side

Postby suspendedhatch » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:13 pm

Does the speaker work when it's loose and stop working when it's mounted? It's common for aftermarket speakers to be installed poorly and the terminals on the speaker will contact the sheet metal in the door. The stereo puts that speaker or all speakers into protect mode.

How did you "check" the wires and the speaker? Did you measure the resistance on the wires? Did measure the resistance through the speaker, hook it up to a different source, or tap it to battery power?

The OEM wires are always corroded. I always run new wires into the doors and from the battery to the stereo. It makes a huge improvement in sound. The best way to run wires into the door is to take off the front wheels, then take off the front wheel liners. It's a huge pain but now you can access the grommets to get the wires through. Make sure you seal it up weather tight when you're done.
How to install your own car alarm.
http://www.civic-eg.com/causeforalarm/
suspendedhatch

Re: No Sound from Driver's Side

Postby adc2k2 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:54 pm

Suspendedhatch, thanks for responding.

Upon further investigation, the speaker does play sound but EXTREMELY low volume. Very faint. What would be the cause of this? I've check the settings on the deck? I am stumped.
adc2k2

Return to Car Audio, Gadgets and Security