Honda CRX Forum banner

Double Din issue

10K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  stevealex90crx 
#1 ·
So I installed a double din Pioneer in my car recently, the mount that it had attached to it lined up with the screw holes for the factory radio trim. Ive looked for a trim kit to accommodate my issue, yet I have yet to find one that I feel will actually work. Mainly because of the "ash tray" and power outlet location, being underneath radio and cubby hole. I have found one at best buy but like I said I am not to sure about how it will work.

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated, I know I saw in a post about current set ups someone had a picture of a double din installed. SO I know there is a way

#4 ·
tommy said:
Yep, did it this winter. Takes a couple of hours and is pretty simple. I used audioroach's DIY writeup.
Any chance you could post a link to said DIY? Tried searching and maybe I didnt do it right but I couldnt find anything. Ive found a Metra dash kit, but it deletes the little personal storage pullout and power outlet and leaves a dumb cubby instead. Really wanna keep my power port and tray.

#7 ·
Wow, that Tegiwa looks pretty good (well, something doesn't look right about the holes at the bottom), and I'm not that crazy about fiberglass.

I'd probably go with that, though; between the stock piece, the glue and hardener, bondo, sand paper, paint, and so forth, you're saving only about $60 or so.

#8 ·
jfrolang said:
The easiest way to install a 2-DIN head unit is to buy the JDM 2-DIN console. They're getting rare though.

Next best bet is to carefully cut the stock 1-DIN console to make it fit.
Ive been looking at that option, after cutting it to make it fit what would I require to make the unit stay in place? I know with the single din the cage gets slid in and held in by the tabs pushed up and out. I assume they make a double din cage as well. Ive been so busy at work lately that I really havent had time to do anything more, right now it is held in by a mount meant for a Jeep Commander, the bolt holes line up to the factory trim mount spots, but the actually center console doesnt go all the way in, so right now it is just kind of sitting in place. Radio works great, but I really dont like my console being torn apart like it is. Perhaps sometime this week Ill spend a little time at work after hours and tinker with it.

#10 ·
ModifiedEF said:
http://www.tegiwaimports.com/catalog/product/view/id/12970/s/tegiwa-replica-jdm-double-din-frame-honda-crx-ef/
tegiwa has since last few days :twisted:
I just bought one of these JDM Replicas for my USDM 89 Si. When I go to purchase a Double Din Unit online what dash kit should I purchase it when I install the unit it looks flush?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.