(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Removing Aftermarket Stereo in my '85 CRX??? Please help!

Audio, video, navigation, radar detectors and more. Also for alarms, security systems, kill switches, and other immobilization techniques.

Moderator: Moderators

Removing Aftermarket Stereo in my '85 CRX??? Please help!

Postby RyWater » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:04 am

Hello, I just registered here, it seems promising, so hopefully someone can help me!

I have a 1985 Honda CRX and I already Installed some Kenwood KFC-1165S speakers in the back panels as well as some 4" Kenwood somethin's in the front doors. I have some Rockford Fosgate Prime R1T-S tweeters in transit and I just bought a Sony DSX-A400BT Stereo to replace the Clarion 8825RT that's currently installed. Everything was going well until I began trying to remove the stereo... :cry:

My problem is that there's one screw holding the current stereo to a metal housing located behind the stereo back, and it's incredibly hard to access.

If anyone has any experience or help to offer please do! The pictures I have are of the screw location and the whole console, and I can always take more. Again, Thanks!
1985 Baltic Blue CRX
RyWater

Re: Removing Aftermarket Stereo in my '85 CRX??? Please help

Postby tommy » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:15 am

Did you check redpepperracing.com as well? That's more of a 1st gen CRX-specific site than this. Good luck with the removal.
1990 ZcSi
tommy

Postby Baker » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:25 am

You'll have to look the area over, figure out how to access the area. There has to be a way to access the back of the stereo.
Try and hunt down the Factory service manual.
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby thaeli » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:47 pm

Here you go: http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/medi ... 22-105.pdf

Basically, you'll need to remove the trim around the gearshift/center console, then you can remove the panel under the radio which contains the lighter outlet and ashtray, then you can reach up behind the radio.
thaeli

Return to Car Audio, Gadgets and Security