Honda CRX Forum banner

1991 Honda Crx Base ignition stereo wire stays live

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Theboy 
#1 ·
So ive been fighting with this wire for a couple days now. Ive pulled the ignition switch tested the black switch on the bottom and it works. The wires are not burned. Fuses are all fine. I only get the problem when both plugs from the ignition switch are hooked up. So the problem should be happening somewhere after the switch. I noticed I cant put my key in O and that's about as far as I got. I'm debating bypassing the relay (stays enegized so problem is before relay) and hooking up the wire to a switch someone before me installed but never hooked up.

Could it be as simple as my ignition is not aligned? Has anyone had this problem?

#2 ·
Had to realign the ignition switch after that it was fine i guess a previous owner had it in the wrong position when he installed it. i just reset it to 0 and it was fine switch was a lil chewed up but i think itll hold out for a little longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.