(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

1991 Honda Crx Base ignition stereo wire stays live

Audio, video, navigation, radar detectors and more. Also for alarms, security systems, kill switches, and other immobilization techniques.

Moderator: Moderators

1991 Honda Crx Base ignition stereo wire stays live

Postby Theboy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:10 pm

So ive been fighting with this wire for a couple days now. Ive pulled the ignition switch tested the black switch on the bottom and it works. The wires are not burned. Fuses are all fine. I only get the problem when both plugs from the ignition switch are hooked up. So the problem should be happening somewhere after the switch. I noticed I cant put my key in O and that's about as far as I got. I'm debating bypassing the relay (stays enegized so problem is before relay) and hooking up the wire to a switch someone before me installed but never hooked up.

Could it be as simple as my ignition is not aligned? Has anyone had this problem?
Theboy

Re: 1991 Honda Crx Base ignition stereo wire stays live

Postby Theboy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:20 pm

Had to realign the ignition switch after that it was fine i guess a previous owner had it in the wrong position when he installed it. i just reset it to 0 and it was fine switch was a lil chewed up but i think itll hold out for a little longer.
Theboy

Return to Car Audio, Gadgets and Security