Honda CRX Forum banner

Anti-theft CRX protection

6K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  Brendon 
#1 ·
I'm sick of seeing our beloved crxs being taken from underneath our noses by thugs and punks who have no respect for mankind! I say we all come together in our communities and put together a crx watch and search party! We all pay a lot of money to upgrade, maintain our passions and sometimes have to suffer the ultimate price by a complete stranger. I am willing to hook up with people who own not just crxs but hondas in general to find and take back what we put our blood sweat and tears into. Even though we have car alarms and or gps/lojack, sometimes that doesn't cut it. We need to all come together and put our resources out there. Anyone who is local in San Diego (north county area) who has had this happen or is affraid of this happening contact me so we can come up with a way to deter theives! If a car is stolen let's put together a search party, if you park outside and don't have a garage let's do some drive bys every now and then to watch eachothers back! After all its a huge investment and for it to vanish into thin air within a matter of seconds is straight retared! Let me know what you guys/girls think or if you have suggestions or inputs! I'm not lazy so I'm down for whatever to protect our cars! Thanks for reading and plz post replys :)

Chris

#2 ·
I would do this but i live so far from Cali(Texas). But i think if everyone had a gps locator on their crx. It would be easier to find it and faster! I think there would be less crx lost forever if we all had a gps locator. I think we should all get one.

#3 ·
You know the funny thing is that I was going to put a gps in my car the next day. I had an appointment and paid for the install. What r the odds of that? God is hating me right now!

#4 ·
Razorblades, fit under the handles, razorblades on the sides of the stereo brackets. Put something behind the tires, so if someone else operates and doesn't know they are there, they will flat the tires and Can't drive it away, easily atleast, Police would stop them with 4 flats lol.

#10 ·
boost mobile too...i had a prepaid with mologogo on it and could see with google maps where it's been. i let my minutes expire so i need a new sim card.
there are a few write-ups on honda-tech, here is one i saw:
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2281300

#11 ·
Awesome.Someone buy this cell and do this and make a how-to on here with more info and more pictures!!lol.I so wanna do this but i want more info and pictures not so smart on this.Thanks for the info and link zrickety :)b
I bet so many people would do this if they had some more info on this.

#15 ·
l337h4l said:
Buy a Hondata set up a secondary fuel table and use a toggle switch to flood the engine if they try to start it. Doesn't help if they trailer it though.
If ur not already running hondata or similar set up its easier to just take the ecu with u, or main relay or wire in kill switches, ect ect

#17 ·
downest said:
NepTune now has a built-in anti theft feature. You can set a sequence of tapping the brake and gas pedals that's required to start the car, optionally you can have it default to a valet mode with a lower rev limit instead of not starting.
Thats pretty cool

#18 ·
I have an internal device that is activated by satellite VPN. I can control basically anything in my car from any computer. I can cut off the fuel, turn on the car, lock the doors, etc.

It's pretty nifty, kinda like onstar, but im the guy that controls it.

#21 ·
Criminals in this country have more rights than good people :evil:

anything you install on the car, that can cause harm to a person will bite you in the @$$ legally. at least thats what I've been told.

JMO

#23 ·
i have asked law enforcement about installing DIY security measures. Fish hook barbs inserted into amp boards, razor blades under handles etc. There was once i remember seeing a security system that once armed it energized the car with an electronic field strong enough to knock someone out or something. This manner of security devices is if i remember correctly. DUe intent to cause physical harm or something like that it was highly recommended i not install such devices.

On the other hand a valet fuel pump switch, LOJACK, or DIY loJack, Removable steering wheel, etc are fine.

Only thing i know about self defense is the person must be facing you and depending on their weapon of choice depends on form of self defense. Example you cannot shoot someone in the head at fifty feet if they have a knife lol. That looks suspicious, injure them knee cap arm etc, Perferrable a 9mm 40 cal will take there leg lol. i dunno just random bits of info i have picked up here and there.

#24 ·
jtkc said:
Example you cannot shoot someone in the head at fifty feet if they have a knife lol. That looks suspicious, injure them knee cap arm etc, Perferrable a 9mm 40 cal will take there leg lol. i dunno just random bits of info i have picked up here and there.
....but at night that knife from 50ft away sure might look like a gun :shock:

I'm not out to kill anyone, but I would make sure they got the point and remembered what happened if they ever thought of it again. Something tells me a nice 30-06 round to the knee would leave them a nice memory especially when they don't have a knee anymore.

#26 ·
lol you could stage it to look like it already got raped of its valuables, lol have the indy series spin of mags and keep it on blocks in different areas in city every night. Not very user friendly but they cant steal what looks like its already been taken Random thought

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.