(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Post up your sound systems!!!

Audio, video, navigation, radar detectors and more. Also for alarms, security systems, kill switches, and other immobilization techniques.

Moderator: Moderators

Post up your sound systems!!!

Postby Neil » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:47 am

I ran across a discussion in another forum, and figured it would be more appropriate here. SOrry if this has been done, if it has it's been buried and I couldn't find it with a quick once over.

Anyways, here's the system that was in my Sunfire that I competed with:

Two Planet Audio 12" comp subs with two Planet Audio VX2200D Monoblock amps. These were putting out about 2250 a piece. That drag I shot a pic of was the last one. I fried my subs on that one. The company that did the drag said that their meter was off by 3 points that day cause someone dropped it or something. Which would be consistent with what I had in the past. So I was hitting around 173db or so.
Marine Snipers : America's number one long distance service provider
EF SQUAD MEMBER #46
Neil

Postby Neil » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:50 am

And the system in my RHD CRX:

Focal components in the doors. Focal components in the rear custom enclosure. 13" Focal sub in custom enclosure. Optima battery relocated to the rear. 1 farad cap. Audison amp flush mounted in spare tire well. Kenwood Exceleron touch screen in dash DVD.
EF SQUAD MEMBER #46
Neil

Postby mattminerDOTcom » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:21 pm

From back when I was into this stuff.

What do you get when you take 3 optima batteries, 2 giant sub amps, one giant highs amp, and one obnoxious subwoofer?

lots of noise violation tickets and breakins woohoo!

Then i got rid of it all.

Now I run a nice deck and coaxials with external crossovers up front with a small digital sub amp and single 12" out back.

-M@
just livin' here in the us, trying to live the tuner lifestyle. real deal here man, all overnighted from japan
mattminerDOTcom
Wicked M@

Postby Baker » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:27 pm

Back when i used to play with car audio and i rocked a Saturn:
Precision Power amp powered the Kicker Component set & the Soundstream Ref 500 pushed the 2 Rockford DVC 12's.

Right now, not really into car audio:
Stock Honda Cd reciever with pioneers up front and Rockfords in the back.
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby mithuth » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:42 pm

Ok, can I play?

8)
jfrolang wrote:Learn some [potty mouth] respect or don't come around here. I'm 100% serious.
mithuth

Postby rex2nr » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:58 pm

about what mine looks like... at least I have a harness that's intact.
-Scott-
projectCRX Sold
1999 Ford Ranger - Project DD 2011 Ford Escape - family/dog/parts hauler
rex2nr
Resto-Modder

Postby Neil » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:51 pm

^^^^^that is a rare gem!! I can't recall how many Honda harnesses I had to splice together. I know the colors by heart now!! LOL
EF SQUAD MEMBER #46
Neil

Postby mithuth » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:46 am

Neil wrote:^^^^^that is a rare gem!! I can't recall how many Honda harnesses I had to splice together. I know the colors by heart now!! LOL

Good, I could really use a PM on what is what. lol.
jfrolang wrote:Learn some [potty mouth] respect or don't come around here. I'm 100% serious.
mithuth

Postby Baker » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:54 am

mithuth wrote:
Neil wrote:^^^^^that is a rare gem!! I can't recall how many Honda harnesses I had to splice together. I know the colors by heart now!! LOL

http://installdr.com/QuickWiring.html

That place is your friend. :D
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby mithuth » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:59 am

baker423 wrote:
mithuth wrote:

http://installdr.com/QuickWiring.html

That place is your friend. :D

You're the man now dawg! :-)b
mithuth

Postby stick » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:13 pm

I don't have a system anymore...ever since it was stolen. Be careful about posting too much information about your setup in a public place. I posted information about my system a number of years ago, and my car was targeted because of it.
91 CRX Si (frost white), 91½ CRX Si SE #758 (being restored), 91½ CRX Si SE #759
stick

Postby 90crxhf_w/ZC » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:57 pm

mithuth wrote:Ok, can I play?

8)

hey i can fix that problem i have 2 extra hf harnesses if you want to get one from me or somthing. and i have a extra radio too.. its newer from a honda passport. but it should fit not too sure but if you want some music easy fix?????
90crxhf_w/ZC

Postby mithuth » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:41 pm

90crxhf_w/ZC wrote:hey i can fix that problem i have 2 extra hf harnesses if you want to get one from me or somthing.

PM sent. TYVM.

Also, I was at Walmart tonight and picked up this boxed deal.

Sony Xplod headunit, all black like I wanted and had the mp3 player jack I wanted too. BONUS! with a set of 6.5" 2-way Sony Xplod Speakers and a set of 6x9 2-way Sony Xplod Speakers

Oh yeah, and I got a new hat. I love free hats! hehe.

Total cost was $95
mithuth

Postby Its me DUB » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:07 pm

I have some polks powered by a 300 watt amp in the storage deck in the front and pioneers in the back. It's ok. I plan on picking up a sweet Walmart bazooka tube this spring. Can't wait.

And yes, I'm serious.
Its me DUB
Grill Master

Postby CRXBabe » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:56 am

Well I'm going to be honest, I know nothing about sounds systems but that is the most important thing to me in a car.
I need some help and opinions, here is what I want. A nice stereo with Ipod hookup, and whatever system that sounds good lol.
Obviously I'm looking for much, any help?
CRXBabe

Postby mithuth » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:42 am

CRXBabe wrote:Well I'm going to be honest, I know nothing about sounds systems but that is the most important thing to me in a car.
I need some help and opinions, here is what I want. A nice stereo with Ipod hookup, and whatever system that sounds good lol.
Obviously I'm looking for much, any help?

See my post 2 posts up. 95$ for 4 decient speakers and a nice head unit with ipod jack. Walmart rules.

*edit to add*
Plus you get a free hat. How cool is that?! lol.
mithuth

Postby fireant » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:44 pm

:lol:

My system:

Podcasts, etc.
fireant

Postby SaskCRX » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:45 pm

Nothing too fancy here just 2 10' planet audio's with my little old amp.
I do have a new amp now its a Kicker 6-channel but i have no clue on the watts. 2 front speaker ports, 2 rear and 2 sub ports.
1991 Honda CRX Si-B18C(R)+JRSC maybe still NOS
2005 Honda Accord-J30A4
SaskCRX

Postby HackAbuse » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:43 pm

Four SoundStream Audio PCW12s
Two Sony Xplod XM2200GTX Amps
Two Custom made dual chambered sealed boxes (1.5 cu ft per chamber)

I hit 141dB on a TermLab with em
I need a new, much larger amplifier. The two i have can only supply half the maximum power the subs can handle.
HackAbuse

Postby thazy2 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:03 pm

Im going for sq and this is what i have done so far.

http://www.thezcr.com/gallery/member.ph ... &protype=1
thazy2

Re: Post up your sound systems!!!

Postby 90JPRCRX » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:18 pm

Neil wrote:I ran across a discussion in another forum, and figured it would be more appropriate here. SOrry if this has been done, if it has it's been buried and I couldn't find it with a quick once over.

Two Planet Audio 12" comp subs with two Planet Audio VX2200D Monoblock amps. These were putting out about 2250 a piece. That drag I shot a pic of was the last one. I fried my subs on that one. The company that did the drag said that their meter was off by 3 points that day cause someone dropped it or something. Which would be consistent with what I had in the past. So I was hitting around 173db or so.

Ive always been a troll on this website and Ive decided to start posting more lol so dont take this post as a personal attack, im just jumping into the deepend. Some familiar faces around here, might know me, might not.

I don't want to rain on your parade or anything, being a fellow competitor in the sport. Let me ask a few questions and state a few points. Was that a sanctioned meet? What meters were they using? What mic were the using? What placement of the mic were they using? What were the power classes?

I used to be a master installer at Radio Activity and competed several years in USACi and DBDrag Sponsored directly by Kicker and Memphis audio (to the point of Kicker having a crate of equipment on their semi tractor trailer with my name on it incase I needed anything, as well as being recognized on www.Kicker.com as a sponsored team, and having Memphis Audio reps come from Memphis Tn just to do R&D on my car giving me prototype amplifiers to test), in the 301-600w modified pro class respectivately as it changed almost every year :( which I hated because members would cry about the rules people would find loopholes to and try to get them changed every year. I had a white ford festiva with 4-15" Kicker L7's in a half dome shell behind the front seats, and Memphis 1000D amplifiers. One car on our team had two 10" Solo L7 Beasts (soloX) in his 300ZX. One person on our team reached a world record in port wars one year at World Finals with around 170something dB I can't remember what it was.

Reason being is I know what 170dB is like in a car stereo and that sunfire with a standard trunk box facing backwards from two subwoofers no matter if you are pushing 10,000watts to them are not going to hit nowhere near 170dB. Now thats not considering the mic placement, if a generic mic and/or meter was used, and the process at which that sound level was achieved.

In 2000 I placed 9th overall in USACi World Finals 301-600w with 159.1dB and thats because only 2 of my 4 subs were working at the time not knowing during the run.

I really wish I had photos of all my competitions. They are all printed photos and not on the computer.

------------------------------------------------------------

That Focal setup is real nice. Ive been recently looking at putting some tunes in the crx and I want to go somewhat sophisticated. Instead of throwing a subbox with a amp screwed to it in the back. I was looking at Focal components the other day as a matter of fact.
90JPRCRX

Re: Post up your sound systems!!!

Postby bobash69x2 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:15 pm

90JPRCRX wrote:
Neil wrote:I ran across a discussion in another forum, and figured it would be more appropriate here. SOrry if this has been done, if it has it's been buried and I couldn't find it with a quick once over.

Ive always been a troll on this website and Ive decided to start posting more lol so dont take this post as a personal attack, im just jumping into the deepend. Some familiar faces around here, might know me, might not.

I don't want to rain on your parade or anything, being a fellow competitor in the sport. Let me ask a few questions and state a few points. Was that a sanctioned meet? What meters were they using? What mic were the using? What placement of the mic were they using? What were the power classes?

I used to be a master installer at Radio Activity and competed several years in USACi and DBDrag Sponsored directly by Kicker and Memphis audio (to the point of Kicker having a crate of equipment on their semi tractor trailer with my name on it incase I needed anything, as well as being recognized on www.Kicker.com as a sponsored team, and having Memphis Audio reps come from Memphis Tn just to do R&D on my car giving me prototype amplifiers to test), in the 301-600w modified pro class respectivately as it changed almost every year :( which I hated because members would cry about the rules people would find loopholes to and try to get them changed every year. I had a white ford festiva with 4-15" Kicker L7's in a half dome shell behind the front seats, and Memphis 1000D amplifiers. One car on our team had two 10" Solo L7 Beasts (soloX) in his 300ZX. One person on our team reached a world record in port wars one year at World Finals with around 170something dB I can't remember what it was.

Reason being is I know what 170dB is like in a car stereo and that sunfire with a standard trunk box facing backwards from two subwoofers no matter if you are pushing 10,000watts to them are not going to hit nowhere near 170dB. Now thats not considering the mic placement, if a generic mic and/or meter was used, and the process at which that sound level was achieved.

In 2000 I placed 9th overall in USACi World Finals 301-600w with 159.1dB and thats because only 2 of my 4 subs were working at the time not knowing during the run.

I really wish I had photos of all my competitions. They are all printed photos and not on the computer.

------------------------------------------------------------

That Focal setup is real nice. Ive been recently looking at putting some tunes in the crx and I want to go somewhat sophisticated. Instead of throwing a subbox with a amp screwed to it in the back. I was looking at Focal components the other day as a matter of fact.

Id say he was doing it in the port, but the box looks sealed... It must be an AC turned up all the way, like, +30Db at least. Yeah, sorry, im with 90JPRCRX callin BS on this, I mean [crud], with 1200Watts in the CRX I can only get 145 on the dash...
OFFICIAL Owner of the 100k-th post in "The Lounge"
bobash69x2

Postby bobash69x2 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:52 am

And to point out, there is currently no trunk sub vehicle doing anywhere near a 176, so either he has the best subs and enclosure set up in the world, or the mic was dead ass broke or hes full of it. The world record for the loudest sub enclosure is a 180.5, and thats in a volvo wagon with an 18" on 20000 watts in a concrete enclosure tuned perfectly.

So, go get a termlab and meter it legally (mic on the dash) and tell us what you get... But then again Neill posted this in February so i doubt hes even reading this.
bobash69x2

Postby Baker » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:55 am

bobash69x2 wrote:So, go get a termlab and meter it legally (mic on the dash) and tell us what you get... But then again Neill posted this in February so i doubt hes even reading this.

He may not even have that car anymore.
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby bobash69x2 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:33 pm

baker423 wrote:
bobash69x2 wrote:So, go get a termlab and meter it legally (mic on the dash) and tell us what you get... But then again Neill posted this in February so i doubt hes even reading this.

He may not even have that car anymore.

Yeah I realize that
bobash69x2

Next

Return to Car Audio, Gadgets and Security