(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Post up your sound systems!!!

Audio, video, navigation, radar detectors and more. Also for alarms, security systems, kill switches, and other immobilization techniques.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Post up your sound systems!!!

Postby Khato » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:09 pm

:stickman: :jawdrop:
Khato

Postby Touge07 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:37 pm

I don't have pictures yet, but i just got some audio work done in my 91 CRX DX. It has a Pioneer head unit, 2 Pioneer door speakers, two pioneer in the rear brackets, power acoustiks 600 watt amp, 2 Kicker Comp 10s in a ported Kicker Box in the rear. I know it's not for competition or anything, but my face looks like this while they're hammering my face :yuck: . I love the high bass and being able to hear all the lyrics and not just nasty thumping. Anybody else with this set up?
Touge07

Postby dmudd » Fri May 06, 2011 4:46 pm

goona order my subs today!! I will be running two Sundown Sa8s off a sundown sae1200d all the norm speakers are kicker they were in there when i got the car and the head unit is a jvc 7 inch touch screes double din..should be more then loud enough and sound clean
dmudd

Postby crboom » Mon May 09, 2011 11:22 pm

dmudd wrote:goona order my subs today!! I will be running two Sundown Sa8s off a sundown sae1200d all the norm speakers are kicker they were in there when i got the car and the head unit is a jvc 7 inch touch screes double din..should be more then loud enough and sound clean

Nice choice ;) where are you getting the sae from?
crboom

Postby dmudd » Wed May 18, 2011 6:16 pm

crboom wrote:
dmudd wrote:goona order my subs today!! I will be running two Sundown Sa8s off a sundown sae1200d all the norm speakers are kicker they were in there when i got the car and the head unit is a jvc 7 inch touch screes double din..should be more then loud enough and sound clean

Nice choice ;) where are you getting the sae from?

iv had the sae1200 for awhile now
dmudd

Postby dmudd » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:06 pm

Still waiting on my subs to come in when it gets all up and running i will post a video should be decently loud :-)b
dmudd

Postby dmudd » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Got every thing installed and my amp must of taken a crap sitting under my bed or something so i got to save up for a new one might be a few weeks :(
dmudd

Postby crboom » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:09 pm

dmudd wrote:Got every thing installed and my amp must of taken a crap sitting under my bed or something so i got to save up for a new one might be a few weeks :(

Contact Db-R.com for a repair quote. cheaper than a new amp and great service. Certified sundown repair service, the only one certified for sundown. I got my amp from him (Chris) and have had nothing but great service from him.
crboom

Postby SanFranciscoTreat » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:49 am

Pep Boys. 96 Dollars. Rocks.
SanFranciscoTreat

Postby Jace17 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:17 am

Nothing special, just a mid-high alpine deck, a pair of pioneer 3way 6.5's up front, pioneer 6x8's in the back, 200rms, 1k peak Rockford amp hooked up to a cadence series 2 solo bass comp woofer in a 1.0 cubic foot enclosure, it gets the job done, wish i could post pics, but I'm on a mobile & rarely have access to a pc
HF must stand for holy f*** that thing's slow
Jace17

Postby Honkyracer1 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:21 am

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/k ... D00052.mp4

here is a new one we did, 50% sponsered by CVM,

Make: Chevy
Model: Astro

Subs : Cerwin Vega - Vega Series 16 - 15's
Amplifers: High Amplifer Vega 400.4 x 2 / 4 Stroker 1000's. for amplifers
Componets : HED 6 1/2's / 4 in each door.
8 Sheets of MDF Wood.

8-D Cat Battery over 1700 CCA welded cage under the van.

Twin Alts.

and a whole lot of fun, doing constant 150's :shock:
93 Del Sol Si, DoHc ZC Swapped, HX35, Vitara Eagle bottem, RC1000's and more to come~!
-----------------
RIP - 90 CRX HF Turbo....
Honkyracer1

Postby JeffWilliamsUSA » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:45 am

not mine but .. DaMn ! :shock: .. DuDe LuVz his BaSS !! ... lolol
there are a few more pics in his stream ..

IMG_7131 by tann808, on Flickr
STUFF 4 SALE
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=190266
Our CRX Family :)
88 HF .. J2-ReX NeW
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=200562
89 DX .. K-ReX
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=47004
91 DX .. J-ReX
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=53872
JeffWilliamsUSA

Postby crboom » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:23 pm

Walling a CRX is dumb :dizzy:
crboom

Postby daveb91 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Oh a buddy of mine did a wall in his first gen of nine Orion 10s...wow!!
daveb91

Postby 1989crxinprogress » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:43 pm

i drooled with your guys setups i did one myself cheapie pioneer and kenwood doors but a jlw8v3v sub and a herts ep5 amplifier sonds pretty good in the process of getting piced out for dyno mat and what not too lemme know what you guys think this is on my 1990 dx she could use a winshield and paint and body work too dang thos haters bear with me only picture i have is on my myspace
1989crxinprogress

Postby ZaksCRX » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:32 am

Just saw this so thought I'd post what I got in my 91' Si for Christmas..Thing bumps pretty loud in my opinion..

My Kenwood X395 Deck

My two Boston Acoustics Crossovers, Alpine amp, Stinger Bridge, Kenwood amp, along with One of my 6.5" Boston Acoustics mid range speakers. (The 6.5" Bostons are all around; two in front and two in back)

Same thing, just on the other side..

Flush mounted Boston tweeter with another 6.5" Boston speaker..

Then the other side..

Then last but not least, my JL audio 10" subwoofer which thumps pretty well..
91 Rio Red CRX Si stock..for now
ZaksCRX

Postby SanFranciscoTreat » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:56 am

Honkyracer1 wrote:http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/kelseyfiscool/?action=view&current=VID00052.mp4

here is a new one we did, 50% sponsered by CVM,

Make: Chevy
Model: Astro

Subs : Cerwin Vega - Vega Series 16 - 15's
Amplifers: High Amplifer Vega 400.4 x 2 / 4 Stroker 1000's. for amplifers
Componets : HED 6 1/2's / 4 in each door.
8 Sheets of MDF Wood.

8-D Cat Battery over 1700 CCA welded cage under the van.

Twin Alts.

and a whole lot of fun, doing constant 150's :shock:

That's insanity. And if that's you being filmed, you look like rick rubin a little bit. SICK lol. Par for the course!
Cheers
SanFranciscoTreat

Postby HOTBOD » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:37 pm

NO its NOT Termlab! I KNOW the guys who OWN the Planet earths LOUDEST 2 Sub vehicle- I HAVE one of their 12,000 watt amps SD12K IN my CRZ on 4x 18" subs and put one of the Other SD12Ks on 4x 12" in my buddys CRX and NO u dont get a legit 176 db in a trunk. The old days with the wrong mic- with a +/- 10 db margin, the numbers were ALL over the place. SO- Termlab was borne! :)
NOW- Whatever u score is Bible! NO mater where u hit it- its the ONLY way to have ONE champ- Apples compared to Apples :)
HOTBOD

Postby DeepBassAddictions » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:24 am

90JPRCRX wrote:
Neil wrote:I ran across a discussion in another forum, and figured it would be more appropriate here. SOrry if this has been done, if it has it's been buried and I couldn't find it with a quick once over.

Anyways, here's the system that was in my Sunfire that I competed with:

Two Planet Audio 12" comp subs with two Planet Audio VX2200D Monoblock amps. These were putting out about 2250 a piece. That drag I shot a pic of was the last one. I fried my subs on that one. The company that did the drag said that their meter was off by 3 points that day cause someone dropped it or something. Which would be consistent with what I had in the past. So I was hitting around 173db or so.

Ive always been a troll on this website and Ive decided to start posting more lol so dont take this post as a personal attack, im just jumping into the deepend. Some familiar faces around here, might know me, might not.

I don't want to rain on your parade or anything, being a fellow competitor in the sport. Let me ask a few questions and state a few points. Was that a sanctioned meet? What meters were they using? What mic were the using? What placement of the mic were they using? What were the power classes?

I used to be a master installer at Radio Activity and competed several years in USACi and DBDrag Sponsored directly by Kicker and Memphis audio (to the point of Kicker having a crate of equipment on their semi tractor trailer with my name on it incase I needed anything, as well as being recognized on http://www.Kicker.com as a sponsored team, and having Memphis Audio reps come from Memphis Tn just to do R&D on my car giving me prototype amplifiers to test), in the 301-600w modified pro class respectivately as it changed almost every year :( which I hated because members would cry about the rules people would find loopholes to and try to get them changed every year. I had a white ford festiva with 4-15" Kicker L7's in a half dome shell behind the front seats, and Memphis 1000D amplifiers. One car on our team had two 10" Solo L7 Beasts (soloX) in his 300ZX. One person on our team reached a world record in port wars one year at World Finals with around 170something dB I can't remember what it was.

Reason being is I know what 170dB is like in a car stereo and that sunfire with a standard trunk box facing backwards from two subwoofers no matter if you are pushing 10,000watts to them are not going to hit nowhere near 170dB. Now thats not considering the mic placement, if a generic mic and/or meter was used, and the process at which that sound level was achieved.

In 2000 I placed 9th overall in USACi World Finals 301-600w with 159.1dB and thats because only 2 of my 4 subs were working at the time not knowing during the run.

I really wish I had photos of all my competitions. They are all printed photos and not on the computer.

------------------------------------------------------------

That Focal setup is real nice. Ive been recently looking at putting some tunes in the crx and I want to go somewhat sophisticated. Instead of throwing a subbox with a amp screwed to it in the back. I was looking at Focal components the other day as a matter of fact.

THANK YOU!!! lol it took iraggi 105 5.5" speakers burping a 70hz tone to set the 178db record back in the day... aint no 2 12s doing a 170nothing
DeepBassAddictions

Postby DeepBassAddictions » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:50 am

BUT... if you do wana see some loud A55 CRX's ill show you the family i roll with....

DC AUDIO FTMFW

Kevin Santacroce, 4 DC AUDIO 12" XL's ON 32K RMS

David Proulx, i believe 1 15" DC AUDIO LVL6

THORSHAMMERS, 2 DC AUDIO 12" XL's

DeepBassAddictions

Postby lkythrtn » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:28 pm

I've been collecting a few things over the last few months and am almost ready to start installing.
Kenwood DDX719

Hybrid Audio Technology Imagine 6 1/2 convertible components

Arc Audio XDi 600.1 mono sub amp

Digital Designs 510 10" Dual 4ohm sub

Stinger 12' 6 channel interconnects

Focal Access series 6 1/2 component set and assorted wiring

JL Audio XD 400/4 4 channel mid/high amp

I really haven't decided which component set to use yet. Probably the HAT's cause the tweeter is convertible and I won't have to find another place to put it. Should sound pretty good eventually.
lkythrtn

Postby thisgsx » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:15 pm

Once my entire car is deadened the following will go in her:
Pioneer PRS80
JL Audio XD 700/5
JL Audio 10w6v3
Diamond Audio HEX 1" aluminum tweeter
Usher 8945p 7" mids (or I might stay with the 6.5" HEX mids)

It will be a 3-way active setup. Sub will be mounted in a custom fiberglass enclosure. Car will be fully deadened with rattle trap fatmat, along with SecondSkin Spectrum Sludge and SecondSkin Luxury Liner Pro.
thisgsx

Postby jAVi <:D » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:25 am

After reading quite a few of these.. nobody seems to like the 2 12's set up hahah.. well i got some rite behind my seat & it sounds amazing to me.. i dont really mind the space it takes up.. & it looks good in my eyes :biggrin: ... gets its compliments in the sense of "dam wtf... thats tiite!!" hahahah... ive had that screen for about 4 years so i just re-used it since it still works :-)b

heres how it looks with the lights off.. just bought 2 little cheap lights i found at Walmart & stuck them between the headrest & seat.. (attention seeker much :blah: hahah i know) used to have a black light inside until the bass knocked it off causing it to shatter all over my subs :doh: :frown:
#HashTag
I'm Rick James B!+<h
jAVi <:D

Postby thisgsx » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:39 am

Because of how easy it is to break into our cars, I'm very hesitant to be displaying my gear like you are jAvi, especially in the IE, so cal.

I used to have a 15" solo baric L7 in a custom slot ported enclosure and that thing made my car felt like it was about to fall in pieces. I sold it shortly after.
thisgsx

PreviousNext

Return to Car Audio, Gadgets and Security