Honda CRX Forum banner

Honda 2000 radio

11K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  cgiron82 
#1 ·
Here's my very rare Honda 2000 radio.
- Made in Japan.
- Made by Alpine.
- Made for 1990-1991 USA Honda models.
- Not available in Canada as Canada got the Honda 3000 radio.
- It has an DIN input in the back for a CD player or Equalizer.

Part number 08a01-101-230

See less See more
#6 ·
Certainly looks cool. But, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want something newer in their vehicle, unless said vehicle is for show and not a daily driver.

For me, I couldn't stand to use it. I need something that will allow me to run my sub with RCA cables. But, my CRX is also my daily driver.

#7 ·
realitydroid said:
Certainly looks cool. But, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want something newer in their vehicle, unless said vehicle is for show and not a daily driver.

For me, I couldn't stand to use it. I need something that will allow me to run my sub with RCA cables. But, my CRX is also my daily driver.
You can add a amp and sub to the OEM headunit with a little wire harness sold on eBay. Basically it plugs in between the deck and connector with a remote power wire spliced off as well as a left/right rca connection ko for the amp.

I'm going back to a OEM appearance soon but require a sub and a connector for my phone.

I may give it a try for the $10 they charge.

Not too sure how to tackle adding the OEM eq in the mix though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Baker said:
Rare is a relative term and doesn't necessarily equate to big dollars.
I would say they are tough to find, but the market demand for them is relatively low.
Demand is low because people give up looking ! :lol:
I wouldnt sell this radio for less than $300. Go find another one NEW !

I prefer the sound of this one (Made by Alpine) over the 3000 model (Made by Panasonic)

#15 ·
Robb said:
Demand is low because people give up looking ! :lol:
I wouldnt sell this radio for less than $300. Go find another one NEW !
Regardless as the reasoning, demand runs the market.
The # of people that would pay $300 for a NOS, 20 yr old factory tape deck are dwindling.
Prices on things seem to have leveled off or dropped a little.

#17 ·
Robb said:
Baker said:
Regardless as the reasoning, demand runs the market.
The # of people that would pay $300 for a NOS, 20 yr old factory tape deck are dwindling.
Prices on things seem to have leveled off or dropped a little.
This is $27 years old. :lol:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpine-Juba-790 ... SwcLxYI9Xy
The comparison isn't valid.
It's an auction, it hasn't sold.
Sold price and asking price are two different things.
Upon further research, and asking other Alpine collectors, this $3k price is ludicrous and unreal.
Also, it's not what it is advertised as, since it's not a J model, it's not copper backed, so this is probably an anniversary model, putting it in the price range of about $650 tops.

People with a good amount of expendable income to support a quality, classic car, are not spending that type of money on late 80's econoboxes anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.