Honda CRX Forum banner

Is N.America ready for the Civic hatchback

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Baker 
#1 ·
Looking at it, I would say no, but it will prob sell some units here and hit that market of people that would like the Accord CrossTour, but don't want to pay CrossTour prices, though the CrossTour is AWD.
When I saw the article, I was a little curious to see if the good ol hatchback would make a comeback, yet this sadly isn't what I had in mind.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015 ... -u-s-.html

#2 ·
The Mexican-produced Fit is selling fine here, and it is more practical than the Civic 5-door looks (and the Civic looks to be too big for my taste). With the Ford twins, Golfs, 2, 3, and Fits now, though, I'm sure there's room for another hatch. But I'd be only interested if it were more of an Si, but then I probably wouldn't be too happy about the price vs. the Fit, or even a breadvan, which you can get for 6-8k right now in good condition.

#8 ·
dreroc-z said:
Looks huge to me. Id much rather see a crz SI or something to that effect.
I hear the next gen crz should be turbo, but I've also learned not to hold my breath when it comes to honda rumors.

I'm personally excited to see the newest civics come to the states. Wouldn't buy one. I'm happy with my crxs and would still H swap another accord before getting any newish Honda, but that's just me personally. I'm sure they are going to be fun to drive though

#10 ·
Baker said:
If it's a 4th gen, for sure, but I'd bypass any other Accord for an H swap, and just go for the last gen Prelude!
Oh yeah? Suspension, radiator and more is interchangeable. Same capabilities with sleeper look and family friendly:

Bigger, heavier, most things not interchangeable. But you have to admit that's a f*cking nice car, nicer than a Prelude in my eyes:

I win. :closed: :tongueblue:

#12 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the car in the link looks like the new "liftback" they're apparently producing in ADDITION to the hatchback. See

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1044145_2016-honda-civic-liftback-spy-shots

It's confusing, not sure what the differences between the liftback and hatchback are. Anybody know more about this?

Either way, It looks so much nicer than the uber-ricey mess that is the show-car SiR. I like it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.