Honda CRX Forum banner

Help on 1987 DX project!

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  BlueCarbon 
#1 ·
My boss at the repair shop I work at has a 87 DX he is willing to sell and i'm debating getting it as a project car. I've done some research and Id like to swap the engine for a D16a1 from a first gen integra. The only problem is that the crx is an automatic. Id like the d16 swap but also swap the trans for the manual. Any advice? Walk through directions? Parts list? Any comment would be greatly appreciated. I'm also new to this site so if there is a post already on anything that i mentioned, let me know!

#2 ·
Head on over to www.RedPepperRacing.com and start reading. I recently acquired an 87 DX as well which I will be converting to MPFI for a B-series swap.

The d16A1 is "basically" a straight drop in, however I am assuming you are converting to MPFI. If you are, you really need a donor 87-89 Integra to get all the parts. Keep in mind you need to drop the fuel tank and run a high pressure pump and lines also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.