Honda CRX Forum banner

crxinn

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  crxinn 
#1 ·
Sold him a pair or A-pillar plastics. Quick payment, easy deal. Thanks!

#3 ·
Yes, I have sold to him before, a small part, but would I sell to him again, short answer, NO.

Just sold a '90 Dx rolling shell with some rear interior, and motor and trans intact, solid car body wise.
Car has been sitting, but when I tried it, it did not run, it turns over. So seems to be a fuel/spark issue.
crxinn (Rob) approached me a year ago about it, but contacted me again this year and seemed serious.
We exchanged PM's throughout the last week or so negotiating along with questions and answers.
We negotiated price and came to an agreement of $850.
He was coming from approx 4hrs away, and I was an hour away from the car; he set the meet time (9am) and date.
He had my number, I had his, and had asked him to send me a text when he was about an hour away so I could start heading out to the location of the car.

I didn't hear from him, but didn't want to leave him waiting, so I made the drive and show up on time. 9am comes and goes. After asking him to text me, he PM'd about 8:25 telling me he was an about 1h 20mins out. I text him asking where he is, he gives me a location which is about 30 mins away still. Shows up an hour late with no communication, so I'm a bit irritated to begin with.
He looks over the car very well, I had all the parts that went with it boxed up and ready to go inside the car.
He drives 4hrs, keeps me waiting an hour (with the wife and kids in tow) and then decides he doesn't want to adhere to the price we negotiated. He agreed that it was in much better condition than his current car, which he stated was rotten, and that the price we worked out was fair, but he didn't feel the car met his expectations. :?

I told him to make an offer, he came back at me at half the price we had originally set on, which was a complete insult, especially since he stated the car was worth the $850 price we agreed upon after looking it over.
Not wanting to kill the deal, I kept my cool, and we negotiated close to 3/4 of our original agreed price.

While I understand I didn't have to agree to a new price, he shouldn't have made an offer and agreed on a price of a vehicle without actually seeing it if he wasn't comfortable! Considering the vehicle was in the condition described, and, again, he agreed the original price was fair, this didn't sit well with me.

Overall, very displeased with his demeanor and the fact that he wasted a fair amount of my time and my family's time waiting without the courtesy of a phone call letting me know he wasn't going to make our meeting time. I don't think he intended on paying the agreed upon price and while we did eventually settle on a new price, the entire transaction left a sour taste in my mouth. I will not be doing business with him again nor do I consider him an upstanding, trustworthy, or reliable individual. He's not a man of his word.

crxinn said:
Unfortunately the transaction didnt work out as well as it should have
It would have, had you kept up YOUR end of the deal.

crxinn said:
dont need to be refered to as a "super douchebag" indirectly, thats not really a stand up thing to do.
I wasn't being indirect, pulling the junk you did wasn't a stand up thing to do to begin with, therefore, had you upheld your end of the deal, this would have been avoided.

#4 ·
Unfortunately the transaction didnt work out as well as it should have, but dont need to be refered to as a "super douchebag" indirectly, thats not really a stand up thing to do. Case and point as you said it didnt meet my expectations and I was accepting a wasted 4 hour trip. YOU stopped me and wanted to work out a deal. I would have very happily left. Not going to make this a back and forth argument thread as this is not the place.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.