Honda CRX Forum banner

OH8 Fall Meet 10/24/2015 (Ohio)

16K views 51 replies 13 participants last post by  daveb91 
#1 ·
With the driving force from other community members, I introduce the next Ohio CRX meet.

October 24, 2015 @ noon

Delco Park
Delco Park Drive
Kettering, OH 45420

We will be located at shelter #1 which is the closest to the parking lot. There will be signs on the main road to direct you where to go. We will grill the standard hotdogs/ hamburgers. It would be great if everyone in attendance tried their best to supply some item for the BBQ. I will supply all the grilling materials.

CRX's get preferred parking. The condition of your car does not matter at this event. We love all CRX's; nice, rusted, low, dirty, bondo, body kitted and stock. Please bring any parts you would like to sell (and cash for those who want to buy stuff). There are several open spaces at the park for parts to be spread out.

Please list anything you would like to bring (food,parts, ect). Please use social media to spread the word.

See less See more
#30 ·
I am new to the crx community form. I decided to go to the fall meet in dayton. About eight cars showed up. Every one was very friendly and nice. This was my first crx meet. There didn't seem to be anyone in charge and I was told that the two members organizing the meet had other priorities that kept them from attending. So how does this work. Can anyone organize a crx meet. I thought maybe several people were elected or appointed as event organizers. Does the crx community have a club organization like president, secretary, treasurer, etc. I have been to a lot of car shows that are very well organized. Maybe you can you can explain how this works in the crx community. Well enough rambling.
Have a great day.
Carl Jr.

#31 ·
There was more than enough time for people to schedule off to make it for this meet. The absence of people who organize the meet does not mean that the meet does not have to happen. Its a groups of people that get together, grill some food and have a common interest. After the complaints and childish responses that were read on facebook, I will no longer take time out of my life to organize another meet. Anyone can pick up whenever and do what they think is best.

So that you have perspective, use the Google search tab in the right corner of the page and look up "Ohio meet" or "OH" so that you can see the previous meets.

Things I have learned: Don't take a poll for the day. Just pick it yourself and stick to it! Advertise here and maybe craigslist, leave facebook out of it. Collect emails and phone contacts of people that go and keep them in the loop because some of the best people are not on the internet. Don't be butt hurt when you have 50 people say they are going to show up and only 5 come out. Money is a big issue with this community. When I took over, the meets were in Springfield and the venue was $86. I moved it to Kettering because it was free.

If my schedule if free on whatever day you pick, I would love to hang with some community friends. Best of luck.

#32 ·
I was about to come to this meet from Memphis driving about 9 hours to hang out. Most of the meets I have been to in the past included camping. All were rain or shine after a date had been set. I was very bummed to see the conversations and I decided not to go since the comments and survey made it sound no one, or few, would be there.
I'll be going to the TN meet next year and maybe back to another N meet.

#33 ·
Never was able to see the facebook page, but doesnt sound like i missed out on anything.
Free is a big thing. I looked into many options. Some involved camping, and fire pits (this would cover both sat. and sunday.) One thing i couldnt find was a place to make free reservations at a shelter. Everything starts out at about 60$. Camping and all that brings it up more. At one time i thought i could pay for such things, but fortunately I didnt.

If its going to happen, and draw a big crowd and people from farther out, then its going to take a group effort, and a small contribution from each person. Its not fair to put it all on 1-2 people, and say it sucked. I personally was there, and was very very happy to meet the people i did, and to see the variety of crx that brought us there. Basically it only works if we are a community.

#34 ·
I took donations for the first Springfield meet and it was offered by only 2 people so, I did not accept their generosity and sucked it up.

County and city parks are usually free, State parks are not. I tossed the idea around for a camping gig but it looked like there would be only a handful. This might be alleviated by having people payapal $5 for the deposit on the site. But again, there is always the fight over Saturday v. Sunday. The meets were traditionally on Sunday, but I always shot for Saturday so that some could partake in adult activities afterwards.

Glen Helen in Yellow Springs has picnic tables for free and grass parking surrounding that I though would be perfect for an early fall meet.

#35 ·
For a fall meet to work with camping, it would have to be earlier I would think. In the NW meets when they happened, none for last 2 years, some camped some just came out for the meet. The reason Saturday was picked for the meet, was so all could stay up late Sat nite camping or doing whatever, and then have Sunday to get back home for the work week. The Vancouver B.C. meets were always just the day of, on a Saturday. I would drive up and camp out with a few of the people coming from the USA. It was a lot of fun.
Same story for the Niagara meets. There was a camping fee that was very reasonable as well as a meet fee as I recall that paid for the park access/shelter. It started on Friday afternoon. Honestly, if someone can't come up with $30 or $40 for a weekend something is wrong. I guess there are a few that are in college that can't afford it but most everyone is beyond that I would think. Perhaps there could be special cases where fee was waved?
I know that others from TN would come up if it was more of an event. Only reason there wasn't a TN meet this year is because Tonyguns was in the middle of building a house.
It seems like there are so many people in the Ohio area and around there, that a good gathering could happen. It does have to be a set day, rain or shine because people have to plan in advance. Just my opinion.
Also someone has to figure out how an event on FB could be set up as an open one that doesn't require invitation.
Please don't take offense at what I am saying, it's just some friendly suggestions/comments. Like I said, I would do the 9 hour drive from Memphis if it looked like a sure thing.

#36 ·
Lets set up a committee to oversee the next one, and start planing now. The more people involved the better.
If we start now, we can have a very good idea of what, where and when, and make an official announcement that will grab peoples attention sometime in the spring.

#37 ·
I wouldnt call the Ohio Fall Meet just a quick meet.
I agree that if someone wants to just throw something together and meet sometime in the near future, you just pick a time and place, and see who shows.

But here we have people willing to pull a trailer packed with a real deal Honda Crx race car, and other people who are willing to drive more than 400 miles and stay over night.

Im just saying that this could be way way bigger with just a little effort from a small group of dedicated people.

#39 ·
Hi crx community. I was thinking about the fall meet and think there should be some place where everyone could show up stay as long as they want and go home. During the summer there is an open form cruse-in at the Milford Ohio Krogers parking lot every friday evening. Someone brings and sets up speakers and plays music for a few hours while people brouse whatever shows up. They also sell split the pot tickets for some charity I think. There are hot rods, muscle cars, corvettes,chevy and ford trucks, stock and antique cars, ford gt, lamborghini,british sports cars,kit cars, you never know what will show up so it's fun to go take a look. I think having a designated location during the summer such as this could bring together those crx owners wanting to visit and socialize a common location to do so. The plus side may be that there are other cars to see and car people to talk to as well. I am sure there are other locations where car enthusiast meet on a regular basis during the summer but this the one I know of. It wouldn't have to be this location as you may know of other locations that are better suited; I don't know. Just putting the idea out for consideration.
Have a great day.
Carl Jr.

#41 ·
Miss me yet????

If someone was wanting to do a weekend camping meet, I know of a place that is only $10 a night per person. While I haven't been there (haven't drove in two years) I will contact them and see about having a Niagara style meet once I'm able to drive again.

$10 a night per person, restrooms (pits?) but no showers.

http://greatmiami.net/

#43 ·
Mista Bone said:
Miss me yet????

If someone was wanting to do a weekend camping meet, I know of a place that is only $10 a night per person. While I haven't been there (haven't drove in two years) I will contact them and see about having a Niagara style meet once I'm able to drive again.

$10 a night per person, restrooms (pits?) but no showers.

http://greatmiami.net/
Pick a date for 2016 and we will book a block of sites on the river. Then I can get you that bottle of Rum I promised at the last meet.

Could be a bladder wine kind of outing.....

#44 ·
It would save on the driving and getting a passport for Niagara.

I have some other ideas, but need to get one issue (STILL!) ironed out first.

$1.90 a gallon of gas and I have a car that gets 40+ mpg beating on it!

A tank of gas puts me deep into Canada if I wanted to :)

#51 ·
Gotin said:
daveb91 said:
I don't even own a Honda anymore...well lawn mower...
Lets get down to brass tax, Its a reason to hang out and drink. Cars just happens to be the theme. I am sure a Z can appreciate a winding mountain road....
Side/smaller roads from the west tip of Virginia back towards Lexington, KY was fun yesterday.....ended up in Hazard, KY at one point.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.