Honda CRX Forum banner

Annual CRX meet, Orange County Sunday Feb. 19, 2017

9K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  art_crx 
#1 ·
**EDIT.....THIS MEET IS CANCELED!**

It's time for our first annual Orange County CRX meet!

Please do not post this meet at other forums or sites. This includes sites like Honda-Tech, NWP, Craigslist , Myspace, Facebook, etc., etc.
This is a CRXCommunity meet for CRXCommunity members. I intentionally do not advertise this meet at places like HondaTech because I do not want to attract that kind of crowd to this meet. Thanks

What: CRX Meet
When: **C a n c e l l e d**
Where: Irvine Regional Park, Orange, CA
1 Irvine Park Road
Orange, CA 92862

Here's more info about the park: -->PDF brochure<-- -->PDF map<--

There is a $5 charge at the gate. No in and outs.

Directions:
From the 55 fwy, take the Katella exit and head East. It will dead-end at Jamboree. Turn left and head into the park.

From the 5 fwy, exit Jamboree and head North. Take Jamboree all the way until it ends, at the park.

After you pay at the gate, turn right as soon as you can. Follow this road for a while until you get to a CRX sign where you will turn to the right. Follow that road until you get to the sign at the meet spot. See the map below. For those that looked at the map in the pdf above, we'll be in parking lot P14.

Notes about the park and the meet:
1. This is a meet, not a car show. Don't worry about what condition your car is in. Just come out and have some fun with other CRX owners.

2. The speed limit in the park is 10mph! The rangers are always on the watch here. Please do not speed, rev, burnout, etc in the park! We like having our meets here and do not want to lose this place due to someone that can't control the way they drive.

3. There is no alcohol allowed in the park. The rangers do make random stops to check for this. Please comply.

4. There is no skateboarding in the park.

Attendee list:
1. nihkon (Jason)
2. JustJesus (Jesus)
3. synergy10 (Davey)
4. fourthgenhatchb17 (Erik)
5. Tougeoni (Mike)
6. dmlemus (Dani)

Food list:
-Easy-up, coolers, condiments, napkins, paper plates, utensils nihkon/JustJesus
-Charcoal (instant light) nihkon/JustJesus
-Hot Dogs + Buns nihkon/JustJesus, __________, __________
-Hamburgers + Buns nihkon/JustJesus, __________, __________
-Water (case) nihkon/JustJesus, __________
-Soda __________, __________, __________
-Other drinks
-Chips __________, __________, __________
-Desserts __________
-Other __________

For the food....if you see a line next to it, it means we need someone to bring it. Thanks!

If you would like to bring something, just post it up in this thread and I'll add it to this list.

See less See more
#2 ·
When JustJesus and I decided to end the bi-monthly CRX meets in November of 2015, many of you were disappointed that our 10 year run of CRX meets was over and asked/begged/pleaded (ok ok, maybe it wasn't that dramatic) that we at least turn it into an annual event. We were hesitant to say the least, but you guys talked us into it.

Initially, we had a bunch of lofty plans....to turn it into a West Coast version of the Niagara meets. Or even to recreate what my brother and I did with the CRXpo back in '06. Visions of raffles and prizes and voting and awards and camping and cruises filled our heads. Some rough planning actually happened to bring you a meet like that. Then it hit us.....for 10 years, our meet was never about all that fancy stuff. Don't get me wrong, those kind of meets certainly have their place, and I enjoy them from time to time. But our meet has always been more low-key. More home-spun. Just a bunch of guys hanging out in a park....eating good food and talking about cars. (Or maybe we're just lazy, and don't want to put in the effort it takes to host a meet like that! haha)

With that said....our annual meets will continue the tradition created with our bi-monthly meets. So wash up your CRX's and clear your schedule for Feb. 19. See you there! :)b

#6 ·
dmlemus said:
I'm in! :)b
Right on! See ya there Dani!

hyperkick said:
I am glad to hear! This got to be biggest turn out for the return of this! I hope to make it to one this year. :)b
Hey Chad! Just so you know (since you mentioned hoping to make it to one this year), this isn't a return of the bi-monthly meets. This is an annual meet now. So if you can't make it to this one, you'll have to wait until this time next year! lol

#10 ·
Thanks for your enthusiasm, with being willing to drive a day to get here for the meet. But don't make any plans for it.

I'm cancelling the meet. It's less than 2.5 weeks away and, besides you, the only people on the list are my close friends. So I'm just going to hang out with them instead.

In case anyone misses it in the original post....
**THIS MEET IS CANCELED!**

Maybe we'll try again next year. :)b

#12 ·
I thought these were cancelled altogether? Guess ive been gone too long...

When are we going to do another one? haven't seen you guys in forever and it looks like we missed the 2 month mark after this one...

#13 ·
Hey Cori! It's been forever! Do you still have your CRX?

Yeah, the bi-monthly meets are still cancelled. This thread was for the annual meet that we were going to do in lieu of the bi-monthly meets. But when it came time for it, we didn't get much interest...so we just ended up bailing on that idea.

At this rate, I don't really see it happening. The SoCal members here just aren't nearly as active as they once were.

#14 ·
yeah man, definitely still got her. Some minor things here and there, but waiting on something major to happen cause im at 244k now on the stock a6.

I just noticed that this was an annual meat in the title. Its good to see you still active on here too. I saw someone posting about holding a meet possibly again, but if you say interest is low, then I doubt that happening.

Im gonna try and get more active on here again, so hope to make it around some time to see you guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.