Honda CRX Forum banner

Time to say goodbye for now. (Bought 1994 Acura Legend 2dr)

4K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Baker 
#1 ·
Well I can't afford to have my CRX anymore even though I just got it...
The story is that I got shafted on this car, when I got it I spent at least 500 dollars fixing the dizzy, then the spark plugs and wires, and finally I did the head gasket that was blown on it. And it still needs motor mounts and ex

And NOW, it decided to shear the timing belt tensionioner bolt. Literally one of the HARDEST bolts to back out. And upon inspection it is a helicoil. So I'd have to drop the motor to the floor and I do not have the space to do that.

So I have to get rid of it. If any of you have an interest, message me. very straight body, no rust no bondo. It does have rolled feners front and back tho.

But if any of you would be kind enough to recommend me a good car to move on to that would be great. I'm gonna miss you guys. <3

#5 ·
$2k? That's tough. I would say a Civic through 00 the later the better, 1st or second gen Integra (2nd may be too much of a stretch). Or the last gen Celica may have dropped enough for you to grab one. But that's a tight budget.

I would buy the newest thing you can with no rust, and not care about options or engine; they could be added later, for the most part.

#9 ·
Any toyota or honda should do for you. For daily beaters, Hyundai's are good too; really fun DOHC motors are a plus. Elantra, Accent, Corrolla, Camry, Civic, Accord; any of those pre-2005 should fit the bill.

tommy said:
$2k? That's tough. I would say a Civic through 00 the later the better, 1st or second gen Integra (2nd may be too much of a stretch).
1st gen integra's are usually hard to come by. I think you meant 2nd and 3rd gen, maybe?

#10 ·
No, meant 1st. They're not at the appreciation stage, are they? I liked them at the time, but they look dated now, imho.

Could you get a decent 3rd gen for under double his budget? I wouldn't think so, but I haven't priced them. If the budget were doubled, I'd include EP3s as well. They should be around the 4-5k neighborhood now; have had an 04 for my daily for going on two years now, and it's not fast, but comfy and fun. Type R's going in next week though, so that should change. :burnout:

#13 ·
tommy said:
No, meant 1st. They're not at the appreciation stage, are they? I liked them at the time, but they look dated now, imho.

Could you get a decent 3rd gen for under double his budget? I wouldn't think so, but I haven't priced them. If the budget were doubled, I'd include EP3s as well. They should be around the 4-5k neighborhood now; have had an 04 for my daily for going on two years now, and it's not fast, but comfy and fun. Type R's going in next week though, so that should change. :burnout:
I love the pop-up headlights. I've seen 2 in the last year or so with nothing for sale. I see more affordable rx7's than 1st gen integras. I see all sorts of 3rd gens for sale from crap (<$1k) through to tack car ($6k). I've seen enough around $2k-$3k or me to suggest it. The EP3's, however, are still ridiculously high $$$.

#14 ·
Look at a last gen Protege or Protege5, before Mazda switched to the 3.
Rock solid reliable and zoom zoom fun handling.
With a 2.0 engine and a 5sp, easily beat Civics and non GSR tegs in just about every category.
Bonus points for Mazdaspeed or MP3 models...tho unlikely at $2k range

#15 ·
Miata's are cool. Legends are cool too. I've heard bad things about the auto trannys; If the one you're looking at has the 6-speed, GET IT! .... after a through inspection, of course.

#16 ·
For $2k range, you should be able to find a decent 92-00 Civic.
Plenty of them out there, just have to search.

FatherDeerhands said:
Anyway! Any of you guys know anything about Acura Legends? Waiting for a guy with a 94 coupe one to message me back.
Nice cars inside and out, design of the 2nd gens are amazing!

https://rnrautoblog.com/2014/10/04/1994 ... an-review/

#17 ·
It is the coupe and a manual 6 speed. Full luxury package. All the electronics work to boot!

Scheduled a test drive with him and to take it to my work and thoroughly inspect it. He actually wanted me too. Which shocked me. The last guy got mad at me when I brought it up.

But he's done routine maintenance, and is getting rid of it cause he has his eyes set on a BMW e30 I think. So pretty good reason for me to buy it.

He's the second owner, the owner before him sold it after his wife died.

Now he told me that he parked too close to a concrete parking curb, and it popped the bumper on so he fastened it back down with stainless steel zip ties. If my math is correct that is +40 hp right there! Haha. Doesn't bug me though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.