Honda CRX Forum banner

Civic rear struts on CRX

907 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Mista Bone 
#1 ·
Hello, I found it is time to replace the rear struts on my 90 CRX HF and I didn't want to pay for new ones, so off to the junkyard I went. I found a 91 hatchback with a good oem suspension on it so I took the rear struts. When I went to change them I noticed the struts on my CRX have smaller and weaker springs. Is it OK to put these stiffer struts on my car and if so, what will be the results?

Thank you for helping.

#2 ·
Almost positive 88-91 shocks/springs are all interchangeable across all models of CRX, Civic, and Hatch. Definitely NOT the 4 door "WagoVan" though. And you may notice that the shocks seem an inch or so longer than the old CRX shocks you take out, but they are fine.

#3 ·
betdacrx said:
Almost positive 88-91 shocks/springs are all interchangeable across all models of CRX, Civic, and Hatch. Definitely NOT the 4 door "WagoVan" though. And you may notice that the shocks seem an inch or so longer than the old CRX shocks you take out, but they are fine.
88 shocks are different than the rest, they have a different lower control arm, other than that I think you are right :)b

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.