Honda CRX Forum banner

ebay seat covers

42K views 102 replies 44 participants last post by  tommy 
#1 ·

Haven't seen these seat covers pop up on ebay lately and I may be looking for a set in the very near future. I emailed the ebay seller to see if they are still available, but have not received a reply as of yet. Did anyone buy these and decide not to use them? Has anyone bought and installed a set?

I would try these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-Hon ... ccessories

but I am looking for all black with red stitching. I emailed that seller to see if they could do black with red stitch. No reply.

See less See more
#78 ·
I just got off the phone with Rolando again, and ordered my covers.......Leather/Suede w/ custom embroidery....$420 shipped (also includes foam repair kit).

He is to busy to be on this site, (or the web in general). I asked him to stop in and let everyone know he is still around. He asked me to let everyone know he is here. He also has answered the phone every time I have called him in the last week. (714) 603-4891.
I am also currently talking to him via text, so he also answers that as well.

When I get my order, I will do a "unboxing", as well as photos of the finished product.

After talking for more than a hour tonight, he has been doing auto upholstery for approx 12 years (I do not remember exactly, as the whiskey is flowing, but he knows his ****), and had no problem sending him my money. He is also a CRX "Freak".

We have even set up tentative plans to meet this summer when I am on the "West Coast".

#79 ·
For anyone looking to buy covers from Rolando. DON'T WORK WITH HIM! I bought my covers in February, he said he'd have them out within a week. I didn't receive them for 3 months. When I did receive them, they were the wrong ones! It's now been almost 6 months and I'm in the middle of a charge back. I've gone back in forth with him soooo many times and he'll say he sent them, I'll wait a week and then he has some other excuse. Last Wednesday he said his gf sent them, I hit him up everyday for the tracking number, didn't respond to my texts or answer my calls. I've been able to get a hold of a guy named Alan who holds the paypal account because he gave paypal his work number. Alan says he didn't send them out because he didn't trust that I would send back the other ones. Meanwhile, these dudes only live 3 hours away from me, I've tried to meet up with him several times and he's stood me up every time. Last week he had told me he needed a tracking number for Alan since I've started the charge back, so he couldn't meet me, even though I was already going to be in the area. This is just a glimpse of the madness that I've been going through for the past 6 months. At this point I'm done, he has just metaphorically menstruated all over the brand new covers and they are now ruined with his bs. He might have been a good resource at one point but I don't what is wrong with him but I will NEVER do business with him and and will warn anyone who is interested in working with him to either not work with him or at the very least DON'T SEND HIM MONEY UNTIL HE SENDS YOU A PICTURE OF THE FINISHED PRODUCT. He hasn't provided me any evidence that he actually made the seats that I ordered...

#84 ·
I just spoke with someone who had his seats done by rolando and he said rolando has been burned by a lot of people out of state and he has stopped selling/shipping them out. If you're local he will most likely work with you. now this is what i was told so am not sure how correct it is but this is the only update we have to work with.

#85 ·
ef yu said:
I just spoke with someone who had his seats done by rolando and he said rolando has been burned by a lot of people out of state and he has stopped selling/shipping them out. If you're local he will most likely work with you. now this is what i was told so am not sure how correct it is but this is the only update we have to work with.
how does one get burned, by requiring the customer to pay first, then don't ship out their items? sounds like a story even without the above examples.
on account he's still accepting orders/payments from people with blind trust.

#86 ·
Maybe he is just upset that I am calling him out.

I have gone to the source, Alan Nunez. He was foolish enough to allow Rolando to use his PayPal account, which in itself is a violation of their user's agreement....
But the good thing is that he put his work number for the account. That company is owned by his father/grandfather.
I think they are getting tired of me calling that work number.

If anyone needs that information, I will be happy to provide it, just send me a PM.

#87 ·
Do not waste your time with Rolando, I recently dropped off my door panels and paid him to repair and all he does is lie and comes up with excuses why they aren't done. I know exactly where he lives and number so whoever else has been burned by him pm me and I will gladly give you his home address. He is no longer answering his phone, email or texts. Since I know where he lives I am going to take him to small claims court to get my money and parts back. DO NOT BUY FROM ROLANDO! Unless you like giving away your hard earned money.

#93 ·
If you are willing to listen to his BS excuses for a year or more, give him your money...

If you aren't willing to put up with his BS for a year or more, then send him your money.....With that said, he does do great work, but his lying throws all of that out of the window....

He has a excuse for everything, and that led me to believe he was always a scam, and was using someone else''s equipment to get what he could.

(if he ever does send you a product, it is usually top-notch, but isn't worth the hassle!!!)

#94 ·
crocrx said:
Any updates on seat covers?

I see some on Ebay for $399. Anybody have experience with them?
I doubt those are his, location shows Texas. Plus there are no da/dc/eg/ek seats and nothing in cloth.

I've tried to contact him with all the numbers and emails that I've had from him in the past since drive right by his old place every day to no avail. I actually need to get some more seats covers from him. I've gotten 2 sets of fronts and a custom rear done from him and have never been burned. Seems like I may be the only one though.

#95 ·
ScottMog said:
crocrx said:

I doubt those are his, location shows Texas. Plus there are no da/dc/eg/ek seats and nothing in cloth.

I've tried to contact him with all the numbers and emails that I've had from him in the past since drive right by his old place every day to no avail. I actually need to get some more seats covers from him. I've gotten 2 sets of fronts and a custom rear done from him and have never been burned. Seems like I may be the only one though.
These are not his, just wondering if anybody has these. They look good, but I wonder how they fit..

#96 ·
crocrx said:
ScottMog said:
crocrx said:

These are not his, just wondering if anybody has these. They look good, but I wonder how they fit..
Its nuts though, for 400 bucks I can buy mint stock seats lol.

#97 ·
ScottMog said:
crocrx said:
ScottMog said:
crocrx said:

Its nuts though, for 400 bucks I can buy mint stock seats lol.
I'll believe it when I see it

#99 ·
tommy said:
crocrx said:
I'll believe it when I see it
I agree. You have to pick your poison - pay a ton, deal with the inevitable tears and foam falling apart, or go aftermarket. Even finding a good passenger to swap over doesn't happen anymore, since everyone's known that trick for years now.
If you think about it, even if you find a clean set of stock seats, they will eventually fall apart again. The stock seats are nice, but they don't seem to last as long as other OEM seats I have seen. The materials are rather cheap.

I may just end up buying some genuine Recaro seats. Spending good coin on stock Si seats is a gamble, and i'd be worried about damaging them everytime I sit on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.