Honda CRX Forum banner

Giant turn signal issue

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Pancak3e_batter 
#1 ·
1991 Crx Si w/ b20b, gsr trans & tuned obd1 Ecu.

Months ago my turn signal side bulb went out, the one next to the running light, so I upgraded it to led. Few months later the other went out, so I did the same. Drove like that for a few weeks, then I noticed something odd. When I use the left signal, all the lefts go off normally. When I use the right, all rights go off except the side marker, and the left one goes off in its place. So basically when I use the right, the left side goes off.

So I replaced all the fuses, and the relays, and installed resistors, and the turnsignal hazard switch even the turn signal/headlight combination switch. Same issue.

I removed the resistors and installed the factory bulbs, same thing.

The interesting part is, with the resistors in, the right goes off as normal, but very quickly. And the left goes off normally but very dim.

So what do I do next?

#3 ·
That was it, icu was burned worse than in the tagged topic. I have a parts crx here but the icu in it is screwed up, and so is the fuse box. And I accidentally broke my own fuse box being dumb. What could I pull both parts out of? I'm in va crxs are hard to find here. I'd assume 89-91 hatchs but what else may work to make my hunt easier?

#5 ·
How badly burnt up is it? On mine I had to decarbonize the board, reflow some solder joints, and add a couple jumper wires. Fortunately, the ICU is an old-fashioned single-layer through-hole low-frequency PCB, so trace length really doesn't matter and fixing solder or even switching burnt up components is easy. That being said, it does require basic soldering and desoldering skills.

Which part of VA are you in, by the way?

#6 ·
Yeah I used to own a computer store but soldering wasn't ever my thing and after going to five junkyards and finding everyone ripped the box out, I'm gonna pay the $20 to have someone referb it. I appreciate the help guys I had no idea what the issue was but my rat is back together, no more led bulbs ha.

I'm from the Richmond area but house out in the northern neck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.