Honda CRX Forum banner

Spring rate advice???

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Dr. D 
#1 ·
Getting my CRX back on the road this spring/summer and need to put new suspension on. I sold my Skunk2 Pro-C coilovers because well, wasn't happy with them. After reading up here about shocks & spring rates, which I should have done first, I have decided to go with Koni Sport with Ground Control coilover conversion. Its not daily driven or tracked yet?. But want good handling with comfort as a slight compromise. That said I was thinking 300/400 spring rate. Thoughts??

I was referencing this topic:
http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=4900

#6 ·
Neuspeed/H&R soft sports on OEM style replacement shocks are perfect for a 1800 lb car.

H&R race on Koni Yellows in same CRX, you'll get beat up over same 1500-2000 mile drive.

Everyone wants a "tite boy" ricky ricer suspension until they have to drive the car any distance. Mind you I have many SCCA ST/STS customers that do exactly that.

Save me a spot a Lincoln, save me a cold beer!

#9 ·
I went 430f 380r with ots Koni shocks, ground control kit with tophats. These were the rates suggested by ground control, based on our conversation about my intended use. Rides great, if not a bit harsh on rough roads. I also have the ability to swap spring f to r to get the rear to rotate a little better during autox.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.