Honda CRX Forum banner

J's lip rep

16K views 69 replies 17 participants last post by  kracksmith 
#1 ·
I just picked up this J's rep lip from a local molding shop. very hard plastic but soft enough to twist, thick rubbery plastic. Anyways I spoke to the guy and he stated we could do a group buy of 10 or so for a good discount. So I'm here to state let's get 10 people to do a buy. I will buy one more for my other CRX if the price is good. The fit looks to be really good on a 90-91 bumper but not sure about 88-89 bumper. I will test fit it to my 88-89 bumper another day.

In the past we had successfully did a group buy on the fender brace below:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=162386&hilit=fender+brace

I also spoke to the molding guy and he said he could create a mold for the EDM wing too provided we get at least 10 guys for a commitment to buy. i don't know the exact cost but we need a edm wing to show him to estimate a prototype cost. I don't have any extra edm wing laying around and i'm not about to remove it from my crx. so if somebody is local to Chino, CA and has a extra one to drop off he can estimate a price. he will make his money by selling the final one in ebay or other places.

See less See more
#27 ·
kracksmith said:
Nuckingfuts, i don't think so, they are just a molding company but i can ask him the next time I talk to him. if they do, i assume it's gonna be expensive because it'll just be 1 being ordered.

new for carbon fiber J's lip is 300, a new used one never installed is about 200, i bought mine J's carbon fiber lip for 150 but sold it for 200. I thought i like it but I didn't. The reason is, it's so flimsy and thin. one hit on it wrong it'll break or chip. i know it looks good but only on garage queen cars or show cars. if it's a daily driver you would want what we are trying to buy here from this company.
Which one was it and how did it fit?

#29 ·
i don't know which exact J's rep carbon fiber lip since there are so many out there but here was how it looked. The fit looks to be really good on a 90-91 when I placed it on not mounted. Didn't seem to need any trimming. looking at the close up pic below you can see how thin it is. so it's really best to buy the poly j's lip we are trying to buy here instead.

#30 ·
Where did you get it?

kracksmith said:
i don't know which exact J's rep carbon fiber lip since there are so many out there but here was how it looked. The fit looks to be really good on a 90-91 when I placed it on not mounted. Didn't seem to need any trimming. looking at the close up pic below you can see how thin it is. so it's really best to buy the poly j's lip we are trying to buy here instead.

#32 ·
#36 ·
we are not moving to a carbon fiber front lip. somebody inquired about the carbon fiber front lip, and I was just trying to explain to him about the carbon fiber lip I bought and how much junk it is for daily or track driving.

we are still trying to move forward on the poly j's rep lip. i am in the process to create a shipping cost. i just don't have any card boards laying around presently. as soon as I do i will get a cost to those who left me their zip codes for the states.

#37 ·

Mine. Two screws on each end. 3M tape on mounting surface. Scruff ramps all day. This lip is a good peace of mind. I'm pretty low. Don't paint, just need a dress up product applied once a month. :)b
I guarantee any CRX owner will be happy for the price you pay. Hence I'm getting ×4. Maybe more if I had more reliable CRX friends.

#39 ·
price 97.20 is the lowest and doesn't matter how many you buy. this is directly from the source. i am not making a dime or penny, just sharing with the crxcommunity.com crx enthusiast.

however if we got like 15 buyers then i will renegotiate the price accordingly because it's 5 more than the 10 price quote I received.

yes if you live in so cal or have friends in so cal, i can meet you or them, or you or them can even pick them up yourselves when it's ready, it's in Chino, CA. off the 60fwy.

#41 ·
I'm still in the process of getting some cardboard to create a box to get shipping estimates. I have yet to find any cardboard for this. I hope to find some soon. I did weight it, it's 1.5lbs so it's not too heavy.

There are a couple of ways to ship them, sending it boxed up the long way, or fold it in a big U shape (not a V shape) so it won't be considered oversize. Sending it the long way shouldn't be that much in the states but international it will and will require it in a U shape.

#47 ·
Ok so far we have 7 confirm for sure sure! We just need 3 more to move forward. As for shipping I still not quite clear yet.

I am talking to the company to see if they can clean up the molding to have less flaws. I'm showing him the flaws on mine. The flaws are maybe due to bubbles or etc...

For the ones that are local to So Cal, please PM or put your name on here. Again you can pick up when it's ready or I can meet you somewhere in OC or LA area. We just need 3 more So Cal buyers to start collecting Paypal and then start production.

For the people out of state, i'm still working on boxing up mine to get shipping cost to your zip.

Here are some close up pics, you can leave me feedback for any questions to be address to the molder too.

#48 ·
ok from a quick audit I believe we have 10 buyers!
Just need confirmation for the below:

Hrunner989rex, since your in LA area, shipping shouldnt be a concern to move ahead.

Kcjohnnyboy, will buy 2 and have his family member pick up, right?

The other 7 are confirmed.

#51 ·
I have one already poly js rep lip bought from jdmcarboy awhile back, but if you still got the group by price count me in . I have the jdm ef8 front bumper on mine.

Nsx1972

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.