(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

CRX Aftermarket Rear Lower Control Arms

Got a problem with your stock CRX? This is where you should start.

Moderator: Moderators

CRX Aftermarket Rear Lower Control Arms

Postby ykf7b0 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:25 pm

I have just completely rebuilt the front suspension on my never been touched 89 si but I've hit a snag with the rear suspension. I was just getting started installing new struts but the lower mounting bolts have seized inside the bushings on both sides and I have no choice but cut them out. I plan on buying new lower control arms with the bushings already installed and I would like to read comments from those who have replaced these arms. I would like a good recommendation on quality parts and a tip or two if you can provide. Thanks!
ykf7b0

Re: CRX Aftermarket Rear Lower Control Arms

Postby raffaelli » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:46 am

Can you cut the arms out and just press in new bushings and save yourself the expense of new arms?
raffaelli

Postby zcash » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:06 pm

Best way to remove that bolt is by taking off the welded on nut attached to the trailing arm and just buying a new nut and bolt with washers for future instalation.

Like stated before, just replace the bushings and save yourself the money of buying a new control arm, unless you just want to have new?
zcash

Postby ykf7b0 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:17 pm

raffaelli wrote:Can you cut the arms out and just press in new bushings and save yourself the expense of new arms?

I can but based on what I've saw so far, I can get the new arms with bushings installed for very little and not have the hassle of pressing in new bushings into the oem arms.
ykf7b0

Postby ykf7b0 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:23 pm

[quote="zcash"]Best way to remove that bolt is by taking off the welded on nut attached to the trailing arm and just buying a new nut and bolt with washers for future instalation.

I have removed those spot welded nuts but the bolts are seized/rusted inside the metal sleeves inside the bushings on both sides (right and left) of the car. This car is an 89 and has never been apart.
ykf7b0

Postby ykf7b0 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:31 am

.............anyway, I just bought a set of cnc polished aluminum rear lower control arms (bushings already installed)from Magic Power USA out in California. This was an E-bay purchase and the seller has very good feedback and answered my questions promptly. I paid $40.80 (with ebay purchase discount) for the pair including priority shipping. I don't expect any issues and the added bit of bling can't hurt either.
ykf7b0

Postby ykf7b0 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:41 pm

Got em in! No issues what so ever!! These LCA's are trick!!!!
ykf7b0

Postby Spriggan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:47 pm

For that price you should change the bushings out because they will most likely deteriorate quickly
Spriggan

Postby ykf7b0 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:29 am

If I do it will be if and when they do deteriorate. I'm BROKE!
ykf7b0

Return to Stock Garage