Honda CRX Forum banner

Crx power window upgrade

9K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  bobski 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have read forums on the crx power windows and none of them seem to be clear enough. i am trying to install the RHD power windows in my LHD CRX. thing is i dont want the main power window control on the passenger side. i dont care if it is upside down for right now. But i was just wondering if anyone who did it before can guide me through it. I already have power locks on the Crx but i believe the power windows came with the wiring for the power locks as well. Please help me out if you can. thanks

#3 ·
The door wiring looms for a power [ef sedan] will have the cables for the doors and the windows integrated, but technically they are independent systems. A power crx will only have power windows. If you study the wiring diagrams for JDM/UKDM/EDM crxs you can figure out where to tap into the plugs on the under-dash fuse panel to draw power for the windows and have it fused like stock.

You'll need to do some interesting trickery to get the switches to mount on the opposite sides too. Do you have the rhd power window door latch brakcets that the switches mount to?

I am planning on doing this install also. Power locks and power windows. Unfortunately I have not gotten the time free from work to do it yet. I've studied all of the wiring in detail, and made some schematics and plans, but no actual work. Maybe you'll be able to provide some insight after you do it!

[edited]

#4 ·
you know what i didnt even think about that( the latches that the switches mount to). i checked on a website (performanceforum.com) that has a great write up but he's doing it slightly different........then there is problems with installing the RHD power windows on the LHD Crx's. But ultimately I REALLY NEED to have the main switch on the driver side. but if there is any way of configuring the wiring from the right hand side to the left,please let me know. i look at it and i couldnt figure it out.also as soon as i start i will make a dummy proof write up....like i said if any thing comes to mind please let me know.

#5 ·
the wiring isn't really the hard part. its the door latch brackets and the way they mount. you can't just swap sides, becuase they won't mount to the door, and if they did , the locking/unlocking rods won't work correctly.

Here is my very old post about this. it has a picture of how i plan to do the wiring. maybe it can be of some help to you.

#6 ·
hey i didnt see the pics posted up. if you have any pics i would like to see them so i can just have a visual guide as well with the write up. I am not a big fan of wiring so i like to take my time with the upgrade. I really appreciate it you guys.

#7 ·
Bump this one. I just bought JDM crx power windows regulators/ switches/ rare door handles off ebay. Wondering what your going to use for switches? I dont like the main switch being on the right. I'm thinking Prelude is a good choice from what I've read. Also where and how are you mounting them. I seen the 95 integra power door lock setup from the n14 buildup. So I know for sure that works. Do you know if there are there any power locks that bolt right up. Say 88-91 civic sedan lx? On my car I would like to have power door locks with door pops and shaved handles. Integrated into an alarm system paging unit. What do you think about power door actuators vs an oem door lock? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POWER-DO ... dZViewItem

#14 ·
i am trying to do the swap for the windows, i happen to know nothing hardly about wiring (as far as finding power) so can someone walk me through the wiring,like a step by step thing. just dont feel like screwing up this part...please excuse my amateur wiring experiences.thanks

#17 ·
You need a relay and power for the switches will to be fused.
wht/yel =power from fuse
blu/blk =power both passenger and driver
blue =pulser driver side motor
red/yel =driver side motor
red/blu =driver side motor
blu/yel =passenger side switch
blu/grn =passenger side switch
blu/red = pass. side switch to motor
blu/wht =pass. side switdh to motor
all blacks are to chassis ground.

#18 ·
so everything connects together by color and the only two that does not is the black to the ground and the white and yellow to the fuse, right?
now how do i power the wht/ylw to the fuse, and what goes to the relay?

#19 ·
I was an installer for 10 years for some larger audio and electronics stores, and we always used the spahl window kits. I actually just ordered one of the two window, two lighted switch kits and I am going to put the switches in the spare knockouts below the steering wheel on the under dash panel. They may not be JDM, but at least they will be right side up. And for the 100 I paid for everything not a bad price. These are the ones I always had good luck with never burning out. The audiovox and a couple other brands never lasted more than a year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.